on 9 July 2013
This is a large and complicated watch - sufficiently complicated that the interface is ungainly and the (not supplied but you can download it) instruction manual runs to 380 pages, and Suunto even provide a range of video tutorials. This is significantly more help, for example, than my high-end AV amplifier was provided with. With a traditional multi-button interface rather than the touch-technology employed on more expensive multi-function watches such as the Tissot T-Touch, working your way around the functions is, indeed, a bit of a learning curve. Especially as the functionality of the buttons depends on both the current context and how long you hold them down for. I'm not quite there yet.

The watch is bulky but relatively light - PVD coated alloy and quality plastic rather than steel or titanium. The reversed LCD display is clear, except for the tiny barometric trend indicator which I find difficult to read both in bright sun and under fluorescent light.

If you need the altimeter and compass functions - I would certainly recommend this. If you don't, you might want to look at some of the smaller Sunnto watches.
One person found this helpful
on 22 February 2013
I bought this watch as a work watch (i'm in the protection industry) and need something durable, hard wearing, easy to read and with useful functions, this watch ticks all the boxes. The back light is very good and doesn't light me up like Blackpool illuminations and its handy having the day and date showing on the main face (i can never remember what damn day it is). The compass when calibrated (which is easy to do) is very accurate. The altimeter i haven't used properly yet but if its anything like the compass it will be bang on. The barometer, here's my only sticking point and its not anything to do with the watch, i have no idea what its telling me and i have checked in manual and it wasn't much help, a friend told me you need to check it and if the pressure has changed there's going to be a change in the weather something i think i could have guessed at too (he was as much use as the manual),the temp gauge can be a bit misleading because it usually reads your body temp rather than outside air so you have to remove the watch for a while . Anyway all in all it's fantastic watch and i would not hesitate to recommend it.
on 14 March 2013
Looks great but, BE WARNED! I've had mine just over 12 months and the battery started dying at the 11 month point. It is now totally dead. To replace the battery you MUST buy a replacement battery cover AND 'O' ring or the watch will go through the 'battery dying' cycle: 1800hrs, Jan 1st, year 2000. Great watch, looks the business just be aware of the battery issue.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2014
This is a great watch with many features and looks fabulous on the wrist, it's a very cool looking watch and it is a suunto. Nuff said!
on 10 August 2012
Excellent watches for men, great design, you can quickly replace the battery, it is convenient to use every day. Great gift for men.
on 10 March 2015
Brilliant watch. Love it
on 14 March 2014
Brilliant product, I'm very happy with the seller. Thank you very much indeed. I will recommend to my friends. Best regards. Alex
on 6 October 2011
I purchased the watch 11 months ago, and although a great looking watch, with superb and accurate)features, and useability, I have been plagued with problems. Due to its cost, I have only worn it for days off, smart casual, and a couple of skiing & walking trips, and not for work or DIY. The following has still happened;

Within 4 months the rubber strap fell apart at the watch without warning, nearly losing me the watch altogether.

Just prior to this, I noticed that the Watch had a nack of misting up when exposed to direct sun light, which was frustrating, but overlooked once the strap broke.

Whilst looking for a genuine replacement strap, I then noticed that the low battery symbol was showing (bare in mind I hadn't actually spent much time playing with the functions to this point, as it hadn't been on a trip yet... nor had it been used in water).So I ordered a new genuine strap, and battery with cover/ seal, at the approximate cost of £28. I fitted these, and got on with enjoying the watch.... albeit with its 'mist up facility....

About 2 months later it needed another battery. Thinking it might have been a duff one, I replaced it again... and the 3rd one lasted 6 weeks, the 4th 2 weeks... (all with different quality brand batts).

I finally went down the Suunto warranty route, which was in fairness a very slick service, but the watch still mists up, and the second strap has just broken in the same way as the first.

To put it in perspective, I have a 10 year old Casio G-shock, that gets put through hell at work and play, is on its original battery, and strap, and as never missed a beat.... And cost £60!

Having never spent as much on a watch before, it has been a huge disappointment.. I'd never buy the same again.
49 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2012
Excellent watch, light, tough and great looking on my (large) wrist. Better than expected. The controls are easy, I am a Suunto fan, both my dive watches/computers are Suunto along with my sailing watch - I like big capable watches with a purpose; this watch hits the spot.

The strap is sturdy and very secure, no chance of it coming undone without effort on your part. Great to view in strong bright sunlight and a very good subtle night light.

Update: I've now had this watch on and in constant use for 18 months, including a tour in Helmand, offshore sailing, inshore sail racing! No problems, just a brilliant great looking watch.

Great product with great features.
6 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2012
I bought this watch for around 180 pounds. The black watch looks good but screen is difficult to see in day light. After first battery change it started dying intermittently sent to SUUNTO who advised that repair is not covered by the warranty and will cost around 90 pounds. This is very high for a trivial repair job of changing the battery plate. They did not provide any evidence or explanation why the repair work is not covered by warranty.
I will not go for SUUNTO again CASIO is much more reliable instead.
14 people found this helpful