Customer reviews

Style Name: Square|Size: 0.9 L|Change

on 26 March 2015
Perfect item for stashing the cereals. Have tried a few different brands before finding these - the others just don't last long enough.

The medium size containers fit a whole bag of Alpen and are a good size to handle etc. Think the kids would have struggled to lift the larger version.

They are expensive but absolutely worth it.
on 16 March 2017
I like it, if it were a little bigger it would be a tad more practical, a 2kg bag of rice fills it to the brim leaving no room to scoop and pouring a full to the brim container the goods spill over the side, best filled with 1.5 kg of dry goods but most dry goods aren't sold in these quantities, otherwise looks lovely and airtight.

Also bought the 5.2L which is turning out to be my second favourite (after the cookie one), holds quite a few partially opened gluten free flours all in one place, keeping damp, air and bugs out.
on 10 July 2017
I've been using these for years. Very easy to use and i like the way they seal. With one hand just push down to seal and again to release. The quality of the material they use is first class. Initially they were so overpriced but here on Amazon they are very reasonable. I also have good containers which you can pump the air out but to be quite honest they're too much hassle and i prefer these which i use all the time. OXO do not always bring out good utensils but in this case they have. I read somewhere that the push down part can stick. I would just lubricate that part with cooking oil if it did. It has helped me out on many occasions.
on 27 April 2016
Having arthritis I find many of the typical air tight jars with the push on and pull lids difficult to open and sometimes to close. However, these lids with the push button open and close make them a dawdle to use. I only wish I had noticed them earlier and as there is a large range of sizes I will eventually replace all my existing air tight containers with these.

P.S. this is the second I have bought and just about everyone who raids my biscuit jar comments on them and ends up getting some, whether this one or some of the others in the range which I also have.
on 17 July 2017
Bought this unsure on how it would work, it works well! The only downside really, is if you have a selection of biscuits sometimes the ones you want are further down and you need to manoeuvre your way around to get to them, good from a diet point of you in that instance... :)

Sturdy, solid and well built, one handed opening is easy as others have mentioned, and made by a decent brand, well recommended!
on 28 December 2016
Wanted plastic biscuit barrel and this is perfect. It has an excellent seal so does the job perfectly and looks nice (everyone thinks its glass until they touch it). Happy with product.
on 21 March 2015
I wasn't sure this was actually necessary, but I love being able to pour cereal one-handed (so I can hold the baby in the other arm). So much cleaner, and cereal stays fresh for longer. Holds a 375G box of Cheerios.
on 15 January 2017
I have these in various styles and they are far easier than turning the cap jars. I also prefer these than the heavy glass jars. They are airtight. Highly recommend. As described. Prompt delivery.
on 14 May 2017
I was a bit disappointed in the size of the box for the price - had it been more reasonably priced I would have bought a larger size. However, the lid works well though my mother, who has dementia, managed to pull the whole lid apart trying to open it though she has now got the hang of it so I hope she keeps remembering how to do so.
on 27 June 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by this little beauty. It has a lid with a quick release button. One press to seal the tub, and another to release the lid. Incredible little thing, can't wait to stick my stuff my inside it!