• Gone

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 December 2007
No, I'm not joking. Mogwai are good, the best there is, and Mono did very much start out as a (heartfelt)Mogwai tribute band but it should be pretty clear from this collection alone that they have transcended those influences and become the force they always threatened to be. That this collection of e.p's spread across several years should hang together so well as one album is a testimony to the band's singular vision and commitment to it. Their music expresses everything that matters - passion, pain, joy, suffering, transcedence - and fills the void between what we know and the vital mystery that keep us evolving as a species. Most "art" these days is, as Oscar Wilde said, completely useless but I would value Mono's music as being as vital as anything the human spirit needs to endure. This is no mere hyperbole - I truly mean what I say here, and I encourage anyone half-intrigued to stump up a few quid to see if I'm right. Play 'Little Boy' just once and I think you will find your life has been changed just a little bit for the better. Awesome.
on 23 October 2007
this is one of the best in my collection. this one compiles mono's previous ep including the 'very hard to get' split ep with pelican. although it is an ep compilations, it stands out from the rest of their album. you can hear mono changing their moods from smooth classical to heavy riffing guitars. this is instrumental music at its best. just try the last track; little boy(1945-future).
on 10 August 2015
ok
on 15 January 2014
This track did not download at all, so kind of hard to review. Amazon took my money, sent me the invoice details but the track is nowhere to be found, it's not even in my cloud. I get very unhappy with companies that rip people off. Next time I'll try another provider, should have given my money to Boomkat instead.