on 28 March 2017
This review is for Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace on VINYL. Comes as a double LP with the tracks 3 a side. Pressed on heavyweight 180gm vinyl which is very quiet indeed this is a lovely gatefold album. I've had the CD for ages and wasn't sure about getting a vinyl issue as it's a digital recording and mastering but, along with The Colour and the Shape it's my favourite Foo Fighters album so I thought I'd try it. I am so pleased - it's superb on vinyl - just trounces the CD version . The layers of vocals , guitar resonance, the bass all better. Ok it's still compressed but the delivery is so much warmer and goes a good bit louder ....! Expensive , but if you have a good turntable set up ( Rega, pro-ject and beyond ) and love this album I recommend it heartily ! One tiny gripe though - no poly lined inner sleeves for the records themselves which is a must in my opinion, so you'll have to purchase some separately .
on 17 May 2016
3RD TIME OF BUYING THIS ALBUM IN CD FORM DUE TO FRIENDS BORROWING IT, NEVER RETURNING IT & ALSO PLAYING IT TO DEATH.
WHAT CAN I SAY OTHER THAN IT'S MY FAVOURITE BAND & HAS BEEN FOR THE LAST 21 YEARS.
THIS ALBUM HAS HIT AFTER HIT & I LOVE IT. EACH SONG MEANS SO MUCH TO ME & TRANSPORTS ME BACK TO ANOTHER TIME, PLACE & MEMORY.
REMEMBER THE STORY ABOUT THE MINERS STUCK FOR DAYS & WHEN ASKED WHT THEY WANTED ONE REQUESTED AN IPOD WITH FOO FIGHTERS ON. WELL THIS ALBUM HAS THE SONG WHICH DAVE GROHL WROTE FOR THEM TITLED " BALLAD OF THE BEACONSFIELD MINERS"
on 31 August 2017
I got this to replace the CD which I had lost but the track list is very different from the original, with several songs missing and others added. After looking into this I found that it is from the same year as the original an all copies that are sold now are like it, which was a bit of a disappointment but the remaining original songs are good.
on 31 July 2017
Great album I already owned on CD, so glad I bought it on vinyl, so much more energy in the recording.
on 28 February 2018
What's left to say. fabulous band, ditto this album
on 12 January 2018
Awesome band and another awesome album
on 25 January 2018
He loved it
on 18 July 2017
Excellent item great prompt service many thanks
on 16 August 2017