on 1 April 2011
I purchased the book first and read it, which was actually brilliant, one of the best books I have ever read. Decided to order the DVD, just watched it, was so disappointed with it, the book went into every detail, but with the DVD there was so much cut out. In the book Tess actually went to the airport after the 1year was up, with Nate to go home, but then changed her mind at the last minute,because she was in love with Nate, that was only one of the differences. The ending was completely different for Willma also. In the book after Lilly wedding to Adam, alot more of things happened also.

I do not think I will purchase any more of Nora Roberts DVD's, as buying this one has put me of.
One person found this helpful
on 10 August 2011
I have a lot of memories attached to this movie and I liked them all, No swearing to entertain you and not needed for a good product. I would recommend this to my kids as it was brought to life by Gary Cooper, The acting was great, there is no violence shown and yet everyone persumed what happened to the sailors and accepted it. You got involved with it to your own imagination, Not given on a plate like so many movies now a days, don't get me wrong as I am up there with the rest of you enjoying good dvds. The hardship was there as well and the cast did a great job with this movie. Robyn
on 9 May 2017
Bit gory in places could have done without those bits. Otherwise I was surprised at how good this was - a bit more romance would have been even better!
on 22 November 2013
I was hoping for better. The acting was poor and the plot no better. What ever it cost me it was far to much for the quality. I expected to see at least some of the landscape of Montana but apart form the opening scenes there was almost nil. In all I think I wasted my money. Sorry to all those who thought it a wonderful film----it didn't do it for me!
on 27 June 2015
Good to add this film to my collection of favourite films. Opening scenery is very beautiful. I really enjoyed the story of the sister's love stories. Also there is the mystery of the murders being committed.
on 21 May 2017
comedy, romance & murder. A good film
on 28 June 2015
This is a lovely film nearly as good as the book. Arrived quickly and good price.
on 16 April 2015
Okay movie but many of the best parts of the book were either significantly changed or not included in the movie version.
on 10 February 2013
Very quick delivery would use company again.

Ideal chick flick for a wet Sunday afternoon and you want to curl up on the sofa with a feel good movie, Nora Roberts always writes a good book and this is equally a good film.
One person found this helpful
on 27 March 2013
I really enjoyed this film, action romance quite a bit different than many other films, something the family can watch.