on 29 May 2015
I bought this as a gift for my husband and he loves it! Though some of the other reviews mentioned that the black came off, we haven't found that to be the case. When we first took it out of the box we wiped it down, which removed any excess black colouring. This has now replaced his swiss army knife as his all rounder. He now seems to always have it with him. It is especially handy when we go camping, and the husband loves it for fishing. I did buy a leather case for it, which he seems to like, though the one it comes with seems quite sturdy. Since he uses it for fishing, I also bought him a retractable clip that he can connect the Leatherman to so he doesn't accidentally lose it in the water.
on 4 May 2014
This is just a fantastic little tool. I use it everyday, I work as a audio/visual technician, but I couldn't imagine not having one of these even if I was a cake maker. Just a fantastic tool for any kind of DIY or outdoor activity in general. The quality is second to none - Leatherman is Leatherman. I literally don't leave home without it, can't tell how many times it has saved my day.
on 19 August 2014
Overpriced compared to a Gerber Legend (the lack of replaceable tungsten carbide teeth on the pliers severely limits it's lifespan) but once you've oiled and worked the joints it's excess black finish will have finished rubbing off on your hands. As to complaints about scratching, there's no such thing as a used pristeen tool.
If you shop around you'll find the Wave's specifications are pretty much equal to the Charge TTi's. Except for Titanium finish which - to me - seems pretty much just that. Finally, if you're gonna spend this much and are in the UK Armed Forces I'd recommend going the whole hog and investing in the MUT.
on 27 December 2012
Be read to see scratch appear very fast and your hands with some dark dust on your hand and your fingerprint on the tool

The cissor break very fast too
on 18 February 2013
Don't let the picture fool you. The actual finish is really awful. The black is uneven and has faded in places. My hands were black when I first handled the tool, as the black oxide come off. Someone said it looks cool and was to show off. When I show mine off, the first reaction is always how rough and 'used' it is....definitely not cool. Leatherman should learn from SOG when it comes to black finish. The SOG tool Black version has a better finish.
on 30 March 2013
The handy toll To Take on your motorbike everywhere you go.also fantastique for getting you out of trouble in unpredictable situations. Great
on 11 April 2013
my husband love it and he cant stop showing to everybody. very useful and he cant wait to use when we go camping
on 30 June 2015
One part of our 21 year olds birthday pressie. Appears to be the best thing we ever purchased for him :)
on 23 October 2014
Fantastic piece of kit. Met all expectations for the price. Sharp as hell and easy to use.
on 4 March 2013
This thing is great, recommended to anyone who loves the outdoors. Can come in handy for the most mundane of jobs but its always there and always handy.

101 ways to use this tool, always carry on your hip as it always comes in handy.