Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 May 2010
I didn't pay too much attention to "hair metal" or WASP back in the 80's but I wholly agree with the other comments that Blackie's longevity is testament to the band's quality. I moved heaven and earth to see them last November (2009)and was greatly affected by their out and out performance in Dudley. In short I felt like I was 17 again (I'm 47) as the years just rolled away. I was quite surprised at just how many hits they had and had to have a CD. I duly bought the Best of the Best and it has really grown on me.
Although I had only previously heard the hits, I tend to like most of the tracks and like their outre lyrics and behaviour.
This isn't Mozart but it's no less great because of that. I have disc one in the car (company Volvo don't you know) and nothing de-stresses me like a good rock album on my way home. This fits the bill nicely.

Favourite track this week? Ballcrusher...Blackie showing his delicate side on this Valentine's lament...NOT. A great laugh and not taken too seriously. Would definitely travel to see them again and will look forward to this.

Nice packaging on the CD. Reminded me a bit of Bad News, now there was a band.

Have fun and keep on R.O.C.K.in'

Dick
on 30 December 2008
I first got into WASP in the early '90s. I even saw them on tour here in the U.K. I lost touch with them in the last ten years. But remembered them and got this and it all came back why I got into them in the first place. Fantastic great rock/metal music. They are still going which says a lot about Blackie Lawless and his ability to write a great tune. I Wanna Be Somebody, Hellion & Blind In Texas are up there in my opinion with the best.
on 29 February 2008
While many hair metal acts bit the dust when there lyrics on drugs, sex and rock and roll failed to lift the smile of those wallowing in the pities of Grunge Blackie Lawless and Wasp showed there was a lot more to their abilities to write a good song than what was about their looks and hair somthing which this neatly compiled two disc best of edition shows.
on 3 October 2011
I didn't know much about W.A.S.P. before hearing Blind in Texas on the radio one night. I still don't since for me this collection has it all. You get their biggest hits, great covers (Locomotive Breath!) and also some big ballads. Most probably there's a lot more in the albums, but Best of the Best gives you enough material to decide if you want to dig deeper or just stay with an overview. Great collection of 32 great songs.
on 2 January 2012
A fuel injected selection of Blackie Lawless' and his miscreant fellow band members raging metal offerings. This set is a great eye opener for any who wish to discover the greatness that is: W.A.S.P
on 25 March 2013
all well known tracks on cd ,,I like all the anthem type tracks,plenty of tracks to listen to.blackie is good singer.
on 16 June 2015
this was one of my favorite bands in the eighties the music still sounds great I love this one too
on 6 December 2015
Fast delivery and i also like the fact I get mp3's automatically on music prime.
on 9 June 2015
Great album for any W.A.S.P. fan
on 26 December 2014