on 27 November 2015
The item itself is very nice, and good quality, and if your after a small, slender case for your compact camera, without it taking up too much bulk in your bag, then this case is ideal.

HOWEVER, I purchased this case and several others at the same time to find a case that would fit my Canon G7X, and this case IS TOO TIGHT for it to fit comfortably. I mean, it can be zipped up, but I would worry about the pressure on the lens, and any knocks that would make it through.

For any compact camera where the lens retracts fully into the camera body, this case would be wonderful, but for the Canon G7X or the Sony RX100 series, then this camera is not ideal at all, that's why I returned this item.

I hope this helps.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 November 2014
Is the perfect size for Sony HX20V but too small for Sony HX50! Amazon offered this case... I am very disappointed
because returned price is 4 pounds!
review imagereview image
on 5 February 2018
Bought this for my wife. She loved it. It’s a quality camera
on 9 June 2016
This fits the camera very snugly and holds it safely, there is no danger of it falling out or as once happened with a previous camera a wiry branch became caught in the wrist strap and whipped the camera out of the case into a thicket on the precipitous sides of a mountain in the Languedoc. I did recover it at the expense of lots of sweat and scratches. This new Sony case also has a small pocket for a spare battery and a belt loop. It is well made and, I'm sure, will last well.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 15 June 2010
I had to look pretty hard to find this particular camera bag on Amazon, although the search results seem different now. There are tons of generic bags that are probably perfectly adequate but I wanted the Sony brand for my new Cybershot DSC-W350 and it was important to me to have the zipped model to completely exclude dust. The Sony bag LCS-CST (and many of the others) closes with a flip-over flap with velcro closure, whereas mine has a two-way zip. Also, I chose the soft-padded model because the hard-shell types, in my experience, can eventually crack.

In short, this camera bag is all I wanted: good quality, well padded, equipped with a handy little pocket for a spare battery, and the belt loop looks sturdy. One detail that may be of interest to some is that the camera fits inside with room to spare, which for me it's a plus as it makes it easy to get the camera in and out. There are slimmer options out there but I would never carry a compact in a back pocket, so the relative bulk of this case is no problem at all, in fact I like its generous padding. The price is very reasonable for this quality and I would certainly recommend it.
55 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 January 2015
The quality and design of this case is about average I would say. However, I bought it for RX100M2 and found it too tight a fit for this camera. It wasn't easy to take in and out and left little room for a spare battery in the front pocket. I also worried about scraping the camera every time I zipped up the case. To be fair it doesn't state that this case is designed for the RX100M2 so I took a chance as reviews said it fitted the RX100M1 - unfortunately it didn't work out for me.

I've since ordered a 'Gem' camera case that is designed for the RX100M2 and this is a perfect fit for the camera. As far as I'm concerned it has a far superior quality and design. It has plenty of room in a zipped front pocket for two spare batteries and the USB charging cable. It also comes with a detachable neck/shoulder strap which the Sony case doesn't. I would definitely recommend buying the Gem case over the Sony case.

Just thought I'd write this review for RX100M2 owners who are thinking about buying this case to not be surprised if it's a very tight fight, and to suggest the alternative of a far superior Gem camera case (in my opinion).
on 4 June 2017
on 31 December 2015
I am very impressed with this case. I bought my Sony camera due to the size as I wanted a camera that I could take on weekend breaks and my main camera would use up my hand luggage allowance. I therefore needed a case as the camera would be spending a large part of its life in the sides of backpacks or jacket pockets. It has now done quite a few miles and shows little visible wear and has protected the camera. It is also lightweight.
on 2 September 2011
I was looking for a slim case for an HX9V (great little camera!) with just enough room to carry a spare battery and card. The LCS-CSQ looked to hit the mark in terms of design, with a single pocket, and the big plus of zip pulls on each side, so you can zip them up to meet in the middle. Very much better than sliding a single pull all the way around.

Unfortunately, the case that I received is so badly made it is difficult to imagine Sony's quality control has slipped so low. I am assuming that it is a genuine Sony item. The cutting/stitching on my example has produced a very lop-sided result. At the front it is 11.9cm long on one side, and 11.2cm on the other. The back is slightly less uneven at 11.4 and 11.7, and the thickness varies around the case. The front flap is also a lopsided shape. All in all, the case looks shoddy and cheap.

The HX9V can be squeezed in (although the display comes into contact with the nylon zip as you put the camera in). It zips up OK, so long as you leave the wrist-strap protruding, and there is nothing inside the pocket.

Once the HX9V is in the case, the front pocket is stretched tightly so that the only thing you can slide in is a spare card in the thinnest plastic cover. No space for a spare battery, even without its protective case. However, the flap itself sticks out more than 1 cm even when the pocket is empty.

A bad feature in terms of practical use is that, for some reason, the top of the belt strap is anchored some way down from the top of the case, and its design means the loaded case tends to stick out at an angle from the belt, rather than hanging down neatly.

I have ended up using a case from a well known accessory provider in preference, even though it has the inconvenience of only a single zip pull, because it can hold a spare battery and card, and sits more securely on the belt.
22 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 May 2013
I purchased this case for my Sony HX20V Cybershot, as it was recommend on the page as a case for the camera, and based on reviews for the product it seemed to be excellent for the camera.

I was worried when people mentioned that this case was fairly tight for the HX20V, but i purchased it anyways, in hope i could fit the camera and a spare battery and memory card.

The case has one main compartment for the camera, and then a velcro front for placing your memory cards.

The main compartment is an extremely tight fit for the HX20V. You can fit the camera inside, but it is clear that the camera is way to big. You can close the zip on the case with the camera in, but its a squeeze.

The HX20v has measurements of, W 106mm x H 61mm, while the case has W 75mm x H 115mm. Therefore you can see its always going to be tight.

The front Velcro compartment is practically useless once the HX20V is inside. There is no room for a battery while it is in its case, and barely enough room with the battery without a case. It's virtually impossible to remove the battery, not cased once it is in the velcro compartment while the camera is in the case, as the way it is designed, the pocket opening is not stretchy, therefore you risk tearing the thread of the case if you try to pull it.

You can fit a memory card in the front compartment, if its in an ultra thin case.

Therefore, because of this, i have instead purchased the Sony LCS-CSJ Soft Carry Case For Cybershot, which is perfect for the Sony HX20V. Enough room to easily fit your camera, and compartments for multiple memory cards and batteries, while not being much bigger than the LCS-CSQ.

If you don't own a Sony HX20V, and your camera is smaller, then i would recommend this case. It has a high quality and reliable belt strap, the zips are sturdy and don't feel like they will break, and the material is high quality and perfect for a camera that fits it well, for those who require a case with a shoulder/neck strap, this does not have one, but the LCS-CSJ does.