Customer reviews

System (Standard Version)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 June 2012
I first heard part of this album at our local spinning classes. It was superb exercise music, but not the easily forgotten repetitive heavy bass music all too common at gymnasiums these days.

Upon searching out and receiving the album, I found it was better than expected, with a fantastic selection of memorable songs you'll be singing all day. Not only do I listen to it whilst at the gym, it's now my first choice for travelling!

You won't regret this purchase.
on 3 April 2011
System a great album that should have been a follow up to his first ever album, the killer singer on this cd has gone back to the dance theme a great tracklist that does not dissapoint, back to what he was known for in the first place, not the previous tedious slow rubbish he had done over several albums, this could well be classed as a future classic dance album, seal hasn't been clubbed for ages, he certainly has gone back to the club scene here though. great.
on 18 November 2007
Hmm - what a mixed set of reviews! Personally, I really like the sound of this album. I've always loved his first album and have felt that every subsequent release has been overshadowed by it. The music and production in this new offering, though more upbeat, still really suits his warm vocals and shows he can adapt his style in a more comtemporary setting. I'm all for it (not quite so sure about the slightly unsettling cover art though!! - spooky! :D)
on 18 November 2007
This CD is fairly reminiscent of Seal's first album, being more dance and pop oriented than the last two fairly dull outings. Contrary to what other reviewers say, the production doesn't suffer for the lack of Trevor Horn. What is the same is that incredible voice. The songs are solid, if conforming to the rather familiar Seal formula. Nothing really new is brought to the table this time round, but System remains an engaging listen.
on 13 January 2008
this album is great at first, for seal enthusiasts and new recruits to the fold, nice beats, seals soaring (kind of) vocals, interesting lyrics....however, after a couple of weeks, it loses it's appeal and becomes much more stuart price (or whatever his name is) than seal, the signature beats take over and leave little that is original or memorable... good for the dancefloor or a workout, but not much more.
on 16 November 2007
I have been looking forward to this album for a while and I have not been disappointed. In fact I think it is outstanding. His voice is strong,lyrics are good and the sound is amazing.I especially love System. The dance beat and strong base is what makes this different from everything else in the chart at the moment. I have played it to death already, at full volume in the car. I love it.Go get it.
on 13 November 2007
Wow! It's been a while since a Seal album has been this exciting! Returning to his DANCE roots on this, Seal returns to what he does best! His voice is still in top form, and there's not one bad song on here. A pleasure to listen through from start to finish - thanks for this great gift Seal! :-)
on 5 January 2008
This album reminds me a bit of that guy Haddaway... but with Seals slick powerful vocals. After you listen to it a couple of times it grows more on you and there are a few really up tempo tracks. Despte other reviews.. this is my favourite Seal album to date.
on 24 January 2008
Stunning album with my favorites being If its in my mind......, Loaded and System. The sound is reminiscent of his earlier work with great synth and drum beats. Hasn't been off the CD player since I bought it.
on 1 December 2011
Did have this disc before and lost this one day. Was really happy to find disc again for reasonable prise. Delivery was fast and now I happy again listenning every evening and dancing.