Customer reviews

Colour: Red|Change

on 26 October 2016
(Some context, I'm ni dan in a generalised art and have seen and used many bokken.) This one is a beautiful piece of red oak, well balanced and a good weight. Also, it came unvarnished and therefore saved me the job I don't relish of having to sand the varnish off before I can use it.

Sanding and linseed-wise, it took only minimal treatment as the wood was already smooth and compacted. The treatment and maintenance of course having a massive impact on the use and life of wooden weapons when used in contact sparring.

The tsuba (and the rubber stopper holding it place) are pretty standard fare and what you would expect, but tight enough to stay in place (I like my fingers to remain intact). Obviously I can only comment on the weapon I've seen and handled, but it was definitely worth the price and should last a good many years before needing to be replaced.
on 14 July 2017
Great item! I am not at all practiced in iaido, kendo, or any other martial art, but simply using this Bokken for stretching is more exercise then I usually get. It is also very pretty took look at, but the Tsuba is made of a slightly bendy plastic, and so is not quite as aesthetic.
on 25 August 2015
Very robust. My only crit is that the plastic handle didn't reach the groove where it was supposed to slide down to.
on 2 June 2017
great
on 8 February 2017
Good
on 20 May 2017
Excellent quality. Extremely pleased and prompt delivery too.
on 13 May 2017
No complaints whatsoever
on 12 April 2017
Excellent sword, very strong but not to heavy just what me a novice needs to practice
on 16 September 2015