Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 28 November 2012
The first creatine i used was called cell-tech back in the day....11 pounds in 7 days, fully bloated but also was lifting more. The problem I ran into was as soon as I stopped the "loading phase", weight dropped and so did strength. Optimum seems to be the best creatine I have ever taken for long term strength gains which I keep even after getting off of it completely.

I also do not add tons of sugar like I use to, which eliminates any bloating. If you want to gain a ton of weight fast, I suggest drinking your creatine with a high sugar drink, and if you're in it for consistent strength gains (and you will still gain some weight but the weight you gain will be solid, try Tribulus Terrestris 90% Bulk Powder 25 Grams + FREE Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams and take it post-workout with the creatine. As you get older, you start to kind of see through the hype of what this supplement will do for you or claim to do for you and settle on what works long-term. DAA and trib start to get into the testosterone boosting realm, so be prepared for some added aggression too. You shouldn't take any of these supplements long-term (needs to be cycled) but the effects stay with you as long as you continue to workout consistently.
on 1 July 2016
What The Bottle Says
MET-Rx PURE CREATINE >>> 700 mg CAPSULES <<<
INCREASE IN - PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE FOR: >> Short Term >> High Intensity >> Repetitions
Food Supplement, 240 Hard Gel Capsules
"Enhances the ability of muscles to produce higher muscular force, especially during short bursts of maximal exercise. Creatine is an excellent supplement choice for athletes and those performing short term high intensity exercise. Each capsule contains 700mg of Creatine Monohydrate resulting in 4.2 g per day. (6 capsules) Produced from the finest raw materials under our stringent quality control standards. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing and packaging facilities ensure you receive the highest quality nutritional supplements money can buy."

Or as sirodar says "Its like hulk hogan in a jar!!! Roaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!!!!!" ..wish I thought of that.. and from now on, I did.
Specific Criteria

Taste
Seeing as these are capsules, I've left this slider as OK as there is no 'Non Applicable' option. However, the next sense would be smell and these smell something awful. Almost like a urine soaked ally that had just been painted. This is probably due to the beef gelatine capsule. The pills themselves are fairly large, so I need a glass of water handy to down em. They're over 20mm in length so are longer and fatter than your average Lemsip pill. The shell is clear and you can see the white powder within. They have some leeway inside as you can squeeze and indent them so they aren't likely to burst.

Effectiveness
The most important aspect of the product and review, yet the single hardest thing to accurately describe. You can't exactly expect vein bulging adrenaline and instant testosterone from taking a legal pill. These ain't steroids, they're supplements, something worth remembering. So here it is: It's subtle, but I've noticed a slight increase in strength when lifting and better endurance for general exercise. I also feel that the recovery time for my muscles is aided too with less lactic acid problems. I experienced this from taking ONE pill when the directions state you should take SIX "3 before and 3 after exercise" which is a hefty dose, one that shouldn't be exceeded which is strange as I've never seen a direction that is the same as the maximum dose.

Price Level
Available through Amazon and it's marketplace sellers for (currently) £23.95 - bit steep as it has increased from £16.99 over nearly 2 years. I'd recommend searching eBay as I spotted some on there for under £15 (minus P&P). I purchased these in July 2013 so they seem to have a shelf life of around 2 and half years which really isn't too shabby for the price - of course you'd need to use them - regularly to make the most of them.

Why Did You Buy It?
I had been spending a lot of time indoors and felt the need to build up some muscle tone and generally get my appearance to a better standard. But being the lazy sod I am, needed a boost of willpower and although there's probably a psychological element to it, I saw these pills a push in the right direction. That and I heavily dislike having to make and chug down a drink of a chunky 'shake' of disgustingness that's been artificially made to taste like chocolate, strawberry, banana, you name it. The bottle looks fairly badass and excessive as if it were straight out of an 80s action film. Bright red labels with literal lightning yellow text and metal gradients, all inside a thick, red, transparent tube.
on 15 October 2014
In the two weeks since I started taking this product, I have punched three polar bears to death. Caution advised.
on 10 April 2014
I know creatine supplements may work for some people and may not work for others, well, this one works for me. I take 3 tablets about 30-45 minutes pre-workout and I do find I have more energy, wherever it's for cardio or lifting weights, I then take a further 3 tablets immediately after workout (this is the recommended dose). Worth a try if you are willing to spend £12-£14.
on 7 February 2015
This was better than buying the creatine powder as when you add to protein drink, some floats to the bottom and does not mix great. However I would suggest buying the protein drink that already has the creatine in it.
on 26 March 2015
Great product.
I have never taken creatine before so I cant compare MET-Rx's creatine directly to any other brands but taking the creatine lead to noticeable differences. My muscles look slightly fuller, (make sure you drink plenty of water to benefit from the effects of creatine). As my muscle have water, and thus increasing the size, it is easier to push for an extra one or two reps in a set. After 1.5 months at the gym with use of creatine I have increased my dumbbell weight for the majority of my main exercises by 1.5kg. As muscles have retained water with the use of creatine, the muscles can push for more reps so the gains are tremendous. Remember to do cycles with creatine, 4 weeks on, and then 1 week of. On my week of of the capsules, my recovery time is slower but I still can push myself to do my sets more than it was possible to do before creatine, i.e. good gains have been made in a short period of time.

I prefer creatine capsules over powder as its better value for money. Powder creatine is also hard to dissolve so some loss is expected, which does not occur with capsules, (as the creatine is in the capsules).

Overall I recommend creatine for bodybuilders as the benefits are well worthy of the costs, just remember not to exceed 5g or 5000mg and also to do cycles to avoid damage to the liver. I like MET-Rx’s creatine capsules but due to the cost of this particular one, I would recommend either getting the fast release one which can be purchased cheaper if you look round, but ultimately Olimp creatine capsules seem to far outweigh MET-Rx’s for several different reasons (explained below).
I received this quickly for around £12.50 shipped, sadly the supplier I purchased them has stopped selling them so they currently cost £23.95 deliver on Amazon which is way too much. I ended up buying the fast release version of these from elsewhere for £13.22 delivered.
After this second bottle I’m switching to OLIMP CREATINE MONOHYDRATE as it is better value and need less capsules to be consumed for more creatine. MET-Rx has 700mg per capsule so 3, 30 minutes before gym (to allow the Creatine to enter the body) and 3 capsules after, resulting in 4.2g or 4200mg in by body, with Olimp creatine, 2 capsules before gym and 2 after results in 5g or 5000mg of creatine due to 1250MG in 1 capsule. 5g or 5000mg is the maximum amount of creatine that should be used daily so Olimp's dosage is better and also 400 capsules cost £18.69 delivered which means there are 100 days or doses worth of capsules compared to 40 days or doses with MET-Rx.
on 9 September 2014
The capsules are massive and I have not seen any difference in seize. I was looking for that water retention so my muscles look more full and bigger but that has never happened!!! I will not go back to this product.
on 23 September 2013
Brilliant service! The product came quickly and was exactly as described. I’ve used this product before so there were no surprises for me.
on 16 February 2014
Absolutely awesome for energy, strength, power, endurance and size - ticks in all the boxes. Only one thing to remember (probably goes for all products) if your food diet is not right, you may not see the results you expect. I used it to get lean so I changed my diet to fit my goal and it worked. I felt and saw the results within a week. I now cycle my usage. Recommend it.
on 3 June 2014
Great creation have seen a 30kg increase I'm bench press over 6 weeks and good gains in lean muscle the only bad thing I can say about It is it contains anti caking agents witch are bad for you