on 24 October 2008
Ordered this a few weeks ago received it quickly and was looking forward to using it...

Assembly - Wasn't too difficult although a few of the screws that held it together were rusty, this could be Amazons fault or could be the manufacturer's.

Use - Really bad design, unlike the usual roller design, V-fit thought it would be a good idea to have stable feet on the floor and then use a joint system to simulate the rolling effect. However in practice when you try to crunch one or both of the feet will lift up from the floor making working out smoothly impossible! The crunch counter located on the mid bar is probably worse quality than a pedometer from Walkers crisp packets!

I would not recommend this product to anyone, however Amazon's return service was 5/5 stars, I picked the date - the DHL man picked it up and the money was back in my account almost instantly! Thanks Amazon.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2009
I've used this product for over a year now. Never had any problems with it. The feet will lift up if you apply too much pressure on the bar. That's a wrong way of exercising. You just have to lightly place 2 fingers on the bar while exercising, & it works brilliantly.
on 29 December 2012
I was fully satisfied with this product mainly with the extra functions it provides. Pulse measurement and exercise counting make it even better. This is a must for indoor (private) training at a reasonable price.
on 29 January 2013
Great piece of kit,follow the instructions and it works perfectly(sit up no more than 30D). I have a V-FIT rower and it's very good indeed and at a great price. This ab cruncher is well made and it's design(feet and pivot system)is far better than the rest on the market.
on 18 December 2012
Excellent if used properly. Don't try to sit up too far - flex your abs, lift your head just 20 cm. and relax - and it works absoluteley fine. Much better for the back and neck than the more basic sit-up machines.
on 17 April 2009
Fairly easy to assemble but it does not have any weight in it so when you exercise the trimmer lifts off the floor. We cannot use it..very disappointed.
on 5 October 2014
This product looked good and was relatively expensive but has proved to be awful. The main problem is a design issue due to the 'feet'. Despite myself & my husband trying to use this they just move around all the time, they don't stay flat on the floor as you use the trimmer. I've used these trimmers in many gyms and never had an issue with the contraption moving around in the way this does. If I hadn't thrown the packaging away and had more time I would have returned it, just too busy so in the end it will be down a charity shop. Cannot advise anyone to buy this product I'm afraid.
on 6 July 2009
This crunch trainer is excellent, as good as any I have used in a gym, better than some.

BRILLIANT
on 10 August 2015
This is the second of these machines I have bought . The first one was super easy to assemble and lasted for years and years. This one was not up to the same standard . I thought that the instructions were poor unless you had. a magnifying glass . I was also unable to use some of the screws as things just did not line up . As I used the last one with screws missing for years it should still be ok . It's a quality control issue . I also had duplicates of some screws which caused confusion for a while . Again a quality control issue
on 7 January 2012
the piece looks like it does in the picture but the instructions for building it are rubbish, they are unclear an i had to use all my Mechano knowledge on how to fix it. The spanner thant came with it was lame and i had to use my own tools, took about an hour to put together, its great to use an i really felt the benefits after only doing sit ups for a little bit.

But dont take the booklet too seriously as its confusing and doesnt explain every step. Best get a man in lol

See one answered question