Customer reviews

V-fit AR1 Artemis 2 Air Rowing Machine

on 27 March 2017
good piece of kit, you even get a work out putting it together
on 6 October 2017
Very good. If it lasts as long as the last one I will be very happy.
on 2 February 2016
I received this today and will update if anything changes or any niggles become apparent.

The box was totally battered. The protection in the box was completely inadequate and I am amazed that the rower wasn't damaged. This has to be improved.

Putting the rower together is relatively easy. There are lots of comments in the instructions about double checking certain things, especially the connections for the computer - this might solve quite a few peoples problems. The only bit of the instructions that lacked enough detail was the bit where you connect the chain to the resistance band - which might explain why people are complaining about having no resistance when they rowed.

I can't remember if this is the same with the concept 2 but I was a little surprised that a dyno isn't used to power the computer - 2 AA batteries instead - not included.

With the resistance: I've rowed a fair amount on a concept 2 and I would compare the resistance to about an 8 on a concept 2. 6 on a concept 2 is meant to simulate water.

With the length: I'm 6ft, and the rower is plenty long enough, I have another 6 inches of travel on the slider when at maximum leg stretch - but everyones legs are different lengths, I'm a 32 in length if that helps anyone. My only complaint would be that to do a proper stroke my right hand hits the fan when beginning a stroke.

With the footplates: they're maybe a bit low compared to the concept 2, but more of a problem, I prefer to work out in barefoot and the velcro straps don't do up as the velcro doesn't line up as the straps need to be tight.

The computer seems to work fine so far, the strokes per minute seems a little slow to react - about 15 seconds. The timer doesn't stop automatically when you stop rowing like the concept 2 and there is no off button and the computer takes AGES to automatically turn off by itself. I haven't mathimatically worked out if the distance is correct like many people report, but it does seem a bit generous and everyone knows calorie counters are BS.

Overall the metal parts seem well made but the plastic parts - especially the footplates - feel and look poor quality and cheap. The wheels don't work on carpet to move it around as they're recessed too much. The folding mechanism is a little fiddly as you have to take a washer and a nut off completely to get it to fold and there is not mechanism in place to hold the machine shut.

In conclusion, if you compare this against a concept 2 like for like, the concept 2 is way better. But this machine is a quarter of the price and the concept 2 is not 4 times better. And for that price it's good and worth a buy.
on 10 July 2016
so far so good
on 23 April 2016
I'm using version 1.0 of this machine. The Delta Airmaster. One thing i've noticed with the new version, which seems to be an important improvement, is the position of the foot straps. On the older machine, they wrapped around the front of the foot. On this one, its closer to the back which means they will hold the feet much better. My feet slip out after a few hundred strokes on the old machine.

This is a well designed machine which elevates the heart rate at a slower pace than more rigorous exercise, which I like. People seem to complain that the machine has an easy pull. One person even says that he was 'rowing' for an hour before he gave up! My job is very physically demanding and after 200 good solid strokes on the machine, i've pretty much had it. Legs, stomach and arms are weary. Heart pounding. If people cannot raise their heart rate then they are not pulling hard enough.
on 24 July 2013
The machine arrived with 2 missing parts however the company support were quick to solve this issue and they arrived 5 days later. Only took about 20 minutes to put together and since that moment I've been using it regularly and found no issues.

Note: It's worth noting that this machine comes with a warning written in the manual and on a separate piece of paper which is vital...and you will forget to follow it once, only once though. After unfolding the device, you must secure it before using it. Forgetting to do this leads to the big heavy fan hurtling towards your head. I've forgotten once, and so has everyone else I know who owns this.
on 6 May 2013
I am a Personal trainer & my rower that i had in my studio (for 3 years) had broken i got straight on to internet looking for a replacement at a good price & i found the V-Fit AR1 Artemis 2 Air Rowing Machine it arrived in 2 days after ordering & was very easy to put together & was put to use with some of my clients that very day.
the only thing i would say negative about the rower is you cant adjust the intensity but thats not really a problem you can just row faster =) for that reason tho i can only give it 4/5
over all this is a really good piece of kit for the price
on 5 March 2017
Terrific machine, excellent price and would certainly recomend for home use. The build quality is very good and frame feels extremely solid when in use. Had it almost two years and it's still going strong!
on 5 June 2017
For the price a very good alternative to the much more expensive versions. The resistance changes the harder you row, which is fine as opposed to adjusting a 'vent' as with the more professional units. Overall very pleased with this.l
on 15 August 2014
I bought it on basis of previous reviews which hold generally true. I assembled single handed (just take it nice and slow) and have been using now for 4 weeks about 3 sessions a week of 30 mins actual rowing per session ( 2000m at just under 6mins x 5). As others have said, for the price it works well - solid frame and not too noisy. I used to row in my youth (I'm 66 now) and have a long stroke forward and back which it accommodates fine (I'm 6ft 5 ins. It carries my weight OK (17 stone going down) and provides me with enough resistance. Some have complained it has no adjustable resistance but for me it's OK, as I use for general fitness and am already feeling the benefit; I reckon its resistance compares with level 6 or 7 on a Concept. Only quibble, hence 4 stars - the digital display gives distance and time OK but the stroke counter is a bit wayward and keeps changing from actual rate to something completely different then back again. May have to get that sorted.