on 28 August 2010
My set arrived today and I'm in love with them. They're bold, fast drying, blend pretty well and got good control. I bought them to help me with a childrens story book i'm doing but work nicely in my moleskine sketchbook as well. would be nice if there was an even smaller one in the set for more detailed or technical stuff. I have also seen a sepia version of this set.
22 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2010
I ordered these pens because i had become interested in drawing and illustration and these pens fit the bill perfectly for me to have ago myself just for the enjoyment of it. There is a variety of sizes in the pack, including one brush type pen. They draw well on most types of paper and dry quickly to a lovely dark black without much streakyness, and once dry will not smudge or bleed when drawn next to by another coloured pen. These pens can also be found in shades other than black, which i will purchase next. I'm very impressed and use these pens all the time.
on 17 August 2015
A great set of pens that are really handy to take anywhere with you. The nib sizes are balanced really well and I'm a big fan of the brush in particular. The black ink doesn't fade when dry and the pens have a pretty good life span. I'll definitely buy these again.
review image review image
on 13 November 2011
I bought these pens a while ago and they been just delightful to draw comics with. They are really fast drying and super-black in the ink and scan really good. + the pens are in really nice sizes and downt get ruined fast. the brush is my farvorite. Really a great tool for a comic-bookmaker! Hope you enjoy as much as me!
on 9 February 2012
Quality long lasting pens. I have used these same pens for many years without any disappointments and have always been very satisfied.
They do not smudge and are great for any art work or writing. Highly recommended!
on 27 February 2011
I love these pens! I have about 30 of them in all different colours! I use the black small tip ones the most and frequently have to replace them because I use them until they run out! I think this pack is good as a first buy with this style of pen and then when you know which nib size you prefer it is probably better to just replace them one at a time. I haven't used the medium sized nib at all, but that is personal preference. Overall these pens are great and if you love stationery, writing, sketching then you too will love them!
on 12 January 2017
I love this set of 4 Fabre Castell Artist Pitt pens in black. They write and draw very smoothly, and work very well over painted surfaces. I have had them before, they work well with watercolours too. I can't wait to try some other colours
review image review image review image
on 19 July 2013
These are by far the best pens for line work, the brush pen is a masterpiece and the other pens are great too, the India ink used means no smudges and a much cleaner finish.
on 2 April 2013
Fantastic pens! Waterproof, non-smudge and a nice range of sizes. Great for the price, I'll definitely be buying these again!
on 9 December 2016
Being using Faber-Castell products for years and never had a problem or issue with any of them. These pens are, as expected, excellent. Good quality ink, nice grip, good cap etc. The fact that the ink is waterproof makes these pens a good companion of the Tombow dual brush pens. Excellent for journaling, writing in general and of course also sketching and other creative activities. I used them on their own and with the Tombow brush pens with excellent results in both cases. I haven't tried using them with watercolours but I think they may perform well in that case too.