on 3 June 2016
Firstly, although this is a US import region A it played fine on my UK Blu Ray player. The message comes up about not being compatible, but when this appears just press the disc menu button - this takes you to the play movie screen. So the film has a wide range of reviews from 1 to 5. I think this depends on whether you saw the film on it's release all those years ago. At the time we were all busy playing Dungeons & Dragons or reading Fighting Fantasy books, and this film played into all of this perfectly. I watched this film with a sense of nostalgia I suppose but it still is a perfectly good example of the genre. To those much younger, I guess they would not see it the same way, maybe you had to be there?
2 people found this helpful
on 6 October 2015
I remember seeing this movie in the cinema when I was in my 40s and loving it as I was then and still am a big kid. I have to say I am not disappointed with this purchase it is as good as I remember. The transfer to Blu-ray is much better than more recently made movies I have bought, the picture and sound quality cannot be faulted.I rate this movie A1 for kids of all ages. I do however have two gripes, [one] there are no special features like there are on the DVD version, [two] regretfully it is region A locked. I do however have a multi region blu-ray player, but many people do not. It annoys me that in this day and age they have not gotten round to making all DVD and Blu-ray player region free, I personally think that they should.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 November 2014
I Wanted to be among the first to say a big thank - you to Mr. E.A Williamson for his great tip to get round the region A locked Blu-Ray of Krull. I too have a flatscreen t.v , but in this case a Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090H , hooked up to a Pioneer BDP -LX71 Blu-ray player and his tip to press the 'top menu' button on your remote when the message invalid region film will not play in this area worked exactly as he said it would, and takes you straight to the start of the title screen; so anyone else who likes this film - and it looks great in 1080p follow his instructions, and enjoy the film! (please ensure that your remote for the blu-ray player has a 'top menu' button)
on 29 May 2015
Old and dated fantasy classic!Like other reviewers state this will play on uk bluray players if you have a top menu or title menu on your remote.Just hit title menu after it tells you its not region compatible and play from main menu.As for the film yes its cheesy and dated but still holds a charm if you like fantasy and magic films.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2018
Great action adventure film not gory so suitable for all the family. Excellent cast also with fine actors like Robbie Coltrane, Liam Neeson and Alun Armstrong along with the main stars Ken Marshall and Lysette Anthony. The storyline is simple but effective with lots of obstacles for our band of heroes to overcome on the way to the Black Fortress and the dramatic finale and confrontation with The Beast the leader of the Slayers.
on 28 May 2018
This is a fine film, very entertaining well acted with a good story suitable for most of the family over 12.
on 11 December 2017
Excellent picture quality well worth the money .
The only problem is it is a region a disci. not a b
on 5 February 2008
Earlier reviewers have stated that KRULL is a hybrid between STAR WARS and Excalbur, and it is! It says so on the review on the back of the DVD. On that note I would say that this is the only film to successfully do so as fantasy and scifi doen't usually mix. The special effects are slightly dated but that doesn't make it any less fun. I showed it to a friend, now this guy is very hard to please he marched out of The Two Towers claiming he was bored! He watched KRULL and imediately got himself a copy. It really is a delight, a great family movie!!
on 14 December 2014
Innocent and unpretentious early 80s fantasy adventure. Beautifully filmed and well made. A bit cheesy and a bit corny in places but as long as you recognize it for what it is which is a family fantasy adventure then it is well worth a watch over an Easter weekend or the Christmas period/holidays.
on 10 January 2016
Not available in the uk region A

Very good film in which a prince and his small band must rescue his princess from the beast and its slayers.

Miss Anthony was dubbed over. For the. USA market as she was not well known