on 14 June 2008
Beware of the following problem. I use Windows Vista ( the same problem could exist with other versions ) and Active Sync to syncronise my tasks, appoitments, calender and contacts with my mobile PDA/Telephone and my computer. Once I installed the Yoggie, Active Sync stopped working ! I contacted their support team and they said that they were aware of the problem and looking into it, this was three weeks ago and they still havent fixed the bug.

No mention of this on their web site !
on 19 May 2008
The current version of Yoggie Pico is not compatible with XP service pack 3. Yoggie are aware of the problem and will bring out an update eventually to sort out the problem.
55 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2008
Item seems to work well but there are 4 points you should note. The free software that comes with it is not Vista compatible and you will get the blue screen of death trying to install it. While the yoggie is updating you loose your ability to look at webpages until it finishes. You have little control over settings; you can set Low, Medium or High protection but you will not get the options to allow or block programs through the Firewall like you normally would through Windows. Also if you have 2 USB ports close to each other you loose the use of the other USB port because the Yoggie physically blocks it.

So if you hate your machine being slowed down by AntiVirus software,don't like being involved in the process and don't mind having no options to custimize it then you'll love it.
on 14 November 2008
Impressed with all the fantastic reviews, I added the Pico to a PC on my home network and the network immediately became so slow it was unusable (to the extent that when on a different PC on the network, the screen was at least 5 characters behind the keyboard - I'm a 2 finger typist).

The problems really arose when I decided to take it off the PC. I uninstalled the software and removed the yoggie as instructed and something - either a hidden part of a program not removed or changes made to the opertaing system - immediatley caused my network ports on the PC to shut down completely. The other two computers on the network could see the PC to which the Pico had been attached, but try as I might, I could not get them to communicate with it, though they could with each other. Even restoring the PC to a point before the Pico would not open the network ports.

In the end I called a PC Tech to come round and try to solve the problem. In 4 hours of trying he couldn't do anything to help. In the end he had to take the PC away to completely remove the hard drive, clone it, reformat the hard-drive, reinstall the operating system and then copy across all the programs & data back onto it. You can guess what that cost me (not to mention the data loss of emails etc. - Yes, I now know why these should be backed up too).

If you read the PC Magazine reviews they all say what a fantastic little gadget this is, and the concept is! But if you stick 'gatekeeper pico problems' in your search engine you will see that mine is not an uncommon experience.

"But surely they would not sell it if was that bad?" you might say to yourself.

My advice, for what it's worth, is 'Be aware and don't risk it', this liitle gadget has cost me dearly!
on 27 October 2008
I run 32bit Vista Home Premium and before reading a few blogs became a victim to the blue screen of death when installing the Pico. Once installed it seems to be effective but IT DOES NOT BLOCK WEBSITES FROM VIEWING YOUR IP, be warned this is not an stealth browsing tool as some reviews suggest. It will stop those on unsecured wireless networks from seeing your laptop connected but it wont stop websites logging your IP if you are using a home connection. Despite just about every review claimiing this, Yoggie have failed to point out the error in the claim somewhat conveniently. (Why dont reviewers actually research the products before making stupid claims..)
on 6 January 2009
I bought the yoggie gatekeeper after seeing it recommended on the gadget show. I thought it would be as simple and easy as it looked...plug it in, download the software and away to go.
However, this turned into a nightmare!
Saturday 9:30am I started installing the yoggie. Once installed the internet would not work, the pages wouldn't load and emails wouldn't work. Having an internet business, this meant BIG problems, so I disabled it - this in its self was a worry as you have to remove all your internet security before you can load the Yoggie. I then spent all day in constant e-mail contact with Yoggie techical team. At 7pm I gave up and turned the computer off.
Sunday 9am I started again. This time in constant email and phone contact all day. At 8pm I gave up and turned the computer off.
On monday morning I contacted Yoggie and told them to sort the problem within 24 hours or I was returning the product. They then informed me that they thought it was not working as I have a USB modem and said a wireless network might work. But just in case it didn't work they offered to send me a yoggie with the software that worked with a USB modem.
I recieved my new yoggie and it worked perfectly. I then incidently decided to go wireless and the new yoggie stopped working. But I plugged in the original Yoggie and it worked perfectly.
A couple of words of warning!
1. If you have a USB modem be prepared to get an ethernet connection or go wireless.
2. The kapersky virus software that comes free with the Yooggie is awful. It slows the computer significantly and the pop ups drive you mad! I have since removed it and purchased a different product.
All in all the yoggie is good but the problems I had really were awful. For a week I had to go without any internet security at all.
Once working though a good product, but you need the patience of a saint to get it working!
on 8 December 2009
I received the Yoggie Gatekeeper, followed the instructions for installation. From there it has been a disaster.
The item blocked my access to the internet, I tried the help and support to find I had been given a 'Disgo'and when I tried their help, I could not get past their log in. I am sure it would work if I could get the right help. It is frustrating and I will not be recomending it to anyone else.

Robert
on 22 September 2008
I think this can revolutionise security software. Works very well with Windows Vista and keeps my laptop well protected from alot of pop ups and small memory leaks during surfing the net. Recommended to people with a computer that is slow and cannot hack todays security software.