Colour: White|Change
Price:£1.48+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 12 July 2013
I got this few days ago and tried it on the same day. This is truly as simple product as you could imagine, a thin metal needle with a tag on the top that says "Cake Tester". It's long enough so that you can easily stick it even through your whole cake to see if any parts of it is still uncooked. Once you pull it out it will grabs all raw material on it's way so you know right away if you cake is done. I have baked cakes quite a lot in my life and I have always used toothpicks but this one is way better and more convenient. No more issues that you toothpick can't go all the way down without fearing it might sink in to your cake. Very quick & easy to clean and does the job like a 5 star product. I don't know can cake testers get any better from this!
on 31 October 2013
I got this cake tester so I could avoid the large holes that I usually cause when I stick a knife into my cakes to check if they're done! For that purpose it is perfect. It is little enough that it does not cause significant damage to the cake but it's still possible to see whether or not the cake is properly baked. Perfect for it's use and the large plastic bit at the top means it doesn't get lost in the drawer!
on 6 January 2016
I bake a lot so constantly need something to test the doneness of the cake . Most of the time, I use little toothpicks to check , but the container box is so small, that I spend more time looking for it and the cake starts going cold outside the oven. If I left the cake in the oven, then it would burn. the other big problem with toothpicks is that they are so small, so it you cake rises a lot or is a big deep cake, the odds are that the toothpick might just vanish in it. So I was very attracted when I saw this while I was researching for cake testers. It is thin- so no big holes at all in the cake. I am a food blogger, so you can imagine the disaster that happens if my bakes come with a gaping big hole in the centre. So I'm very pleased with this little thing, because- it is thin- perfect for baking, it is long- doesnt vanish- big is better in a drawer and the white bit at the end means it doesnt camouflage. You look for white and you find it amongst all the other steel .
on 6 October 2013
Cheap, arrived quickly, easy to use. Does exactly what it's intended for and is exactly as described. Simply a standard cake tester. Bargain buy!
It dos what it promises. A simple probe you stab into the cake ad withdraw. If it is clean you are done, if it is covered in stick cake mix then you need to put it back in the oven and hope that it doesn't now sink because you jumped the gun!

A great probe, easy to clean and not likely to break off in the cake.
on 7 May 2014
This was ideal as when you tested your cakes you make tiny holes and using a skewer makes bigger holes that I don't really want unless I do a drizzle cake... As it's small I have misplaced mine but at the price i don't have a problem ordering from this seller again, which I'm going to do now....
on 1 January 2015
It's a bit of wire with a plastic handle. Nothing more. So, my review is based on the question of whether it's worth paying £1.99 for the convenience of not having to find your own bit of wire. And my answer is 'yes'! I don't actually have any chrome-plated wire hanging about, and I don't fancy sticking coat hanger wire into something I am then going to eat. I'm also tired of putting Jack the Ripper Cake on the table.

I have just tested my first cake with this. It came out clean, and on slicing the cake turned out to be baked to perfection. Yum.
on 5 March 2016
This is a great cake tester, easy to use just dip the pointy bit into your cakes to see if they are baked all the way through. It is quite flimsy hence 4 stars but as long as you take care of it and don't just chuck it in a drawer it will last for many cake tastings!
on 28 February 2013
This is just what my mom was looking for, she's a keen cake maker and all the other testers are far to thick, so they make an obvious hole in the cake. This one is fine so no holes.
Fab product, was received quickly, good service. Thank you
on 24 April 2016
It's okay, bit flimsy. Would be better to get a flat bladed cake skewer as this shows whether the middle is cooked better, this one doesn't bring out much mixture with it if it's still raw in the middle