Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Peter Pan [VHS][1960]
Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£17.99+ £2.80 shipping

on 20 September 2010
We first saw the Legendary Mary Martin as Peter Pan in black & white on TV in the late 1950's.
My wife & I have searched for a DVD/video of this perfect performance for about 30 years.
It arrived on her birthday. She was dumb struck for here was one of the 2 greatest Broadway Stars of all time, in FULL colour, in the role which she triumphed in. It was shown on USA Xmas TV every year as the Wizard of Oz is shown, here in the UK.
AND to add to this wonderful performance we had the great Cyril Ritchard, one of the most famous of all UK Revue artists , as Captain Hook.
PLUS--again-- the entire show was directed by the incomparable Jerome (West Side Story) Robbins.
The tape takes Top Place in our collection.
It was worth the 30 year wait.
Allen Tipton
on 24 December 2012
Nostalgic 1960's television performance of the Broadway Musical version of J.M. Barrie's book, 'Peter Pan'. Peter Pan is played by Mary Martin, a popular Broadway actress and singer (her musical version of The Sound of Music is my favorite). This movie may seem a bit corny to some viewers, but the musical score is simply outstanding. My four year old granddaughter now watches this repeatedly, and her favorite song is 'I Gotta Crow'.
on 3 July 2014
All part of the strongest memories of my childhood in the late 50s and early 60s