Customer reviews

Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change

on 6 July 2015
This is amazimg, after surgery i was unable to lift watering cans for a while, so we bought this. It allows me the indepence to water my garden when i used the small hoselock hose for patio and the peace of watering my garden. Excellent gadget, worth the money. My elderly father has one too
As watering cans are getting too heavy for him.
on 22 October 2015
As silverline products go this one is good. Used this pump several times for several different things one including cleaning the water system in my fridge. It is a powerful and durable pump that actually works better than my pressure washer whose engine seized after being dry stored, this pump just keeps going and going.
on 30 November 2016
Used twice to empty my water butt, seems to do a great job, not sure it's up to the task of attaching a sprinkler though. I will try this out when the weather improves and update this review
on 22 June 2012
Hi I received my pump today, and used it right away to test it. The pump is excellent and is as good as anything else you will buy, but for a lot less money. The reason I have given it only 4 stars is that the tap arrangement with the male hose fitting is rubbish and it sprays everywhere out the sides when a hose is attached to it. I followed the advice of other reviewers and removed it (it only screws off), and replaced it with a male Hozelock fitting (no tap). I then attached the hose and it was perfect with no spraying out of the side. I would suggest the other reason for doing this would be to stop the pump burning itself out. If you think about it the pump works continually when it is plugged in. If you have the tap turned off the pressure is going to build and the motor will be working harder to try and push the water through. Fast delivery from Amazon too, I am very pleased.
on 18 July 2017
My dads says brilliant uses it down his allotment so much easier than a watering can !! He's watered in no time !!
on 29 July 2014
Bought 1, found parts of the assembly had no sealing washers to make joints watertight, also 'O' ring seal at water inlet connector was broken. Sorted out faults worked well, with a low noise pump as a bonus. Daughter visited so I lost that pump. Ordered a second pump, which arrived with the similar problems, fixed again now all is ok.
Very good value I believe though despite my comments.
on 14 May 2015
I can't fault the pump for doing what it is supposed to do, just wasn't powerful enough to do the job I wanted. If you want to pump out a barrel with a short length of hose then it's fine, but for longer lengths of hose it won't produce enough power.
on 21 May 2016
Adequate, but not exceptional. Decent pressure, but there is leakage from the plastic connectors of the metal pole. Quickly overheats (manual instructions recommend that it is not used more than 10 minutes at a time), which can be inconvenient when you are trying to water plants and a medium sized lawn.
on 9 July 2016
One year and three months and it packed up. No obvious reason, it just stopped lifting water more than a metre high although the motor is still running.
on 29 June 2015
had two sent them both back seems like a manufacturing fault with the tap assembly fitting to the pipe,Amazon were excellent in their response to my problem