on 3 March 2008
I am only writing this review because of the slightly misleading nature of the other review.

The instruction manual suggests a new filter every 6 - 10 weeks depending on the water in your area and how much use the device gets. But the machine will operate without a filter at all and just because the light suggests a new filter after 2 or 3 weeks you don't have to get one.

I have had mine since Christmas and love it (especially good if like me you use coffee bags - bag in Mug press button walk away come back 5 minutes later), everyone who's seen it wants one!

I live in a hard water area and only now after 10 weeks am I about to purchase a new filter.
108 people found this helpful
|66 Comments|Report abuse
on 8 May 2010
Oops, i have had this machine for a couple of years and have only just thought about changing the filter. It works just the same with an old filter in. The machine doesnt fur up or dispense scaling so its always been in the back of my mind to change it one day. Whilst checking out a new one I came across the reviews. There are no lights that I have seen to change it. the red button on the top has a red light on when the hot water is being dispensed. I always turn it off when not in use from the mains so it has been extremely good. I have a kettle in the background (the filter of which disintegrated so has had to be replaced) just in case it ever goes wrong, but it hasnt yet.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 February 2013
These are outrageously expensive for what they are. Tefal should be ashamed of themselves.

The warning light that comes up on the quickcup telling you that you need to change the filter is just a timer, and has no link to how much water you have dispensed, the hardness of that water or indeed anything else.

I now run the machine without the filter, but fill it from a Brita filtered jug, which has filters that are not as criminally expensive as these.

Don't wwaste your money.
on 18 January 2013
I've started replacing these less and less the longer I've had the Quick Cup - I never used a water filter previously and I'd rather this didn't have one. They're expensive for a disposable part, never seem to last long and personally I don't see much advantage to it, my coffees taste the same even several months after the blue light comes on, so I'll probably just stick with replacing it once a year or so.
It's a shame, I love the idea of the Quick Cup but everything about it seems a little too expensive for what it does.
on 6 May 2011
Tefal Quick Cup Claris Filter Cartridge this is a very good thing to have with the Tefal quick cup kettle a bit more expensive than your old kettle but good for those of us who find kettles too heavey for us to lift and are scalding our hands on occasion, it's so easy to get my morning coffee just put the cup under and press the red button and all done, it also filters and serves cold water at the press of the blue button. when I fill mine I use a jug but you can lift off the tank and fill that its so light, and easy to use. I wouldn't be without mine
on 14 November 2014
I just got my replacement cartridge this morning. When I put it in place (with success after trying several times), the red light started flashing. Tried again but it kept in flashing. What's going on? The kettle is bran new.! Please help. As it is confusing. Which is wrong? The machine or the cartridge? I must note that the appliance worked beautifully all the time I used the first cartridge. Do you thinkI am going to have an answer soon if I have to return the cartridge sent to me today.? One star for the quick service.
on 18 August 2017
Expensive and hard to find, but effective.
on 13 June 2011
I am delighted with the speed my order arrived. I had been trying to find these in local stores but was unable to find them anywhere other than Debenhams, where you had to order on line then collect from their Store of your choice as they did not keep them in stock.Absolutely Ridiculous.
Your price was very competitive and so I shall be reordering when I need more.
WELL DONE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
on 21 September 2017
Just as I expected , it arrived early which was great and does the job
on 27 July 2009
I think the concept behind this kettle is great. These filters are a bit pricey but not that much more that your average water filter. I replace them when I think and not when the light comes on - no ill effects so far! My biggest criticism would be that the water doesn't get hot enough. Perfect for coffee drinkers but not the best cuppa tea!
|11 Comment|Report abuse