on 21 April 2016
Good set and exactly what we wanted so as to add to collection. It is getting increasingly hard to obtain simple brick sets as most lego nowadays is in kit forms which limits creativity.
These remind me of many childhood days making forts and spaceships from my own designs, this is not possible with Harry Potter or Star Wars kits that just gove you instructions and many pieces that can only be used for that design.
These should be more readilly available but unfortunately are not. Bring back the bricks.....
on 24 August 2014
After my five year old daughter asked for Lego for her birthday, she was given Lego Friends sets and after they sat languishing I asked why. With a forelorn little face she said she just wanted to build "what she wanted" but didn't have enough bricks. Sure enough the "sets" give a prescribed amount of bricks and so she didn't have enough for free play and creativity.

With her birthday money she bought this box of bricks as it was fantastic value. She's now got plenty of bricks in a variety of sizes and colours. Compared to a lot of Lego this set offered really good value for the amount of bricks that you get.
on 19 June 2016
Ordered this for my 4year old son who loves lego. Searched for a box of basic lego pieces rather than the sets he had with random pieces which you couldnt do much with.
Firstly i was supriced at the size of the box when it arrived.it became clear that the majority of the pieces were small 1 lego dot pieces not reasonable sized bricks i was hoping for.
For the price of £99 i was expecting more, i feel pretty shortchanged. My 4 year old is happy but cant say the same for me.
on 5 August 2013
Lots of people moaning on here about the sizes but for me there was a good mix of sizes and whole idea of lego is that you get to be creative with what you've got. If you want exact pieces then go to a lego store and choose them. The reason for the 4 stars for me is the colours, I seem to have a lot of orange and brown in comparison to the other colours. I also wish they included a wider range of colours like pink, purple, light blue etc which are only available in their kits.
on 4 October 2015
My children seem prefer to have a good number of standard bricks such as this box so they can make all sorts of towers and abstract constructions. It is probably preferred to kits that make a specific item which require the retention of instructions and the special pieces.
on 31 May 2014
Wow is all I can say, I have always been a Lego buff and therefore when I saw this thought, "that cant be real Lego, it's too cheap" but I took a chance as I want to pass my love of Lego onto my kids and I was surprised to find it is real Lego and there is a lot for the price. Great starter kit of addition to existing kits.
on 9 January 2014
This is ok, basically exactly what it says a mixed box of bricks.

My main problem is that after purchasing the item, the same day I found out that Tesco were selling it for exactly half this price. Amazon should check this out so customers are not ripped off.
on 9 February 2013
We bought this as a starter set for our 3yr old. It's super - enough bits to build his own creations as well as some cool things pictured on the box. Daddy loves it too!! The papery cardboard box isn't ideal for storage but a zip loc food bag holds all the bits and can be kept inside. For what we wanted this has been perfect.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2016
Brilliant value for money
on 20 August 2015
good product at a good price , it came at the expected date and as far as I know my grand son enjoys it. I cannot compare with other product as it was the first one I bought from this product.