Customer reviews

Classic FM Babies
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 September 2017
I purchased 'Classic FM babies-music for playtime' (Various Composers). Thats also what the label on the CD case reads. Unfortunately the CD inside the case is 'Classic FM - MOZART FOR BABIES'. Not what I ordered, paid for or wanted. BUYER BEWARE when you purchase used CD's!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 May 2008
A lovely 2CD Classic FM compilation of relaxing music - for mothers as much as their babies - consisting of an interesting assortment of baroque, classical, romantic and modern music with the underlying theme of aiming to relax the listener.

Some pieces are chosen partly for their title as well as the soothing effect they have, these include the 'Lullaby' by Brahms and 'The Swan' from 'Carnival of the Animals' by Saint-Saens. The more contemporary offerings are by popular composers such as Patrick Hawes. These are good recordings, as expected by Classic FM, many of which will be comfortably familiar to most of the radio shows listeners.

Comfortably safe by Classic FM maybe, but comfortably relaxing too.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2009
This is the second version of this CD that I have bought. It worked for my daughter's children and lets hope it will work for my son's new daughter. It certainly works for me when I have to put them to bed.
on 24 June 2017
Nice collection, but what on earth is Brahms' Andante from Symphony No.4 doing in there? Who thought it would be a good idea for babies to listen to that dirge? There were a lot of better choices to complete the collection if they were struggling for numbers.
on 18 November 2010
Im not a fan of classical music. I cant tell you if this is a great representation of the songs included.

I can say that the sleep CD works a treat with my child. That being said, you have to pick the songs. Even though theres a whole CD dedicated to "sleep", theres quite a few songs on there, which go from really quiet to really loud in an instant. Not brilliant for a baby thats just starting to drop off.

Im sure theres probably loads of classical CDs that contain the same songs, at half the price (or less), but im far too lazy to find them. So Im happy with my purchase.
on 14 September 2009
Bought this to help my boy snooze as he likes the classics. There are a couple of poor choices on the CDs, and crashing of cymbals isn't really what I was looking for. OK but wish I hadn't spent the cash.
on 4 December 2010
We bought this after sick of adverts on Classic FM radio show(heard over the baby monitor!)Im not a classical music enthusiast so couldnt tell you if the choice is suitable for babies. Our little one seemed to settle well with Classic FM and now he has the non-interrupted version on CD, however a couple of times Ive popped up to check on him Ive though the music was a bit harsh to sleep to but hasnt bothered the little one at all!
on 24 May 2010
As a musician I get very frustrated with the number of CDs for babies that only use keyboards, other electronic instruments and very bad singers! I realise that it is far cheaper to make a CD with only a few performers, but you can't beat real instruments and the sound produced by an full orchestra.
My baby gets so excited when I put on the playtime CD and waves his arms and legs in time to the music. He also finds the sleeptime one very relaxing and I often play it at bed time. I just wish Classic FM would do a CD of nursery rhymes and childrens songs, with real instruments and people who can actually sing!!
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2013
I'm a new mum, with a five week old baby...born 6 weeks premature, he tends to be a noisy and light sleeper. I have just received the CD in huge post from my mum for baby Hugo and have put it on in his room in time for his nap today. He has gone strait off to sleep and appears to be in deep sleep very quickly with no noise or flapping arms and legs (which the trends to disturb his sleep). It also plays quietly but clearly through the baby monitor....I'm finding myself very sleeping while updating here....I think it will be good for both of us to get some rest! A great present...thanks mum!!
on 3 July 2010
We were given this album by a very thoughtful friend on the birth of our first baby. As a mother herself, it had helped to get her boy off to sleep and worked particularly well when they were away from home in unfamiliar surroundings. Although it's not a miracle worker (all new babies will wake during the night!) we certainly feel that it created a calm atmosphere at bedtime. If nothing else, it was lovely for us to have on in the background while our baby ate, slept or occasionally cried. We have since bought it for other friends with babies and would definitely recommend it.