on 20 May 2008
For all those considering this ahead of the 150 (more expensive version) it is worth noting that the key 'extra' of the 150 is the room temperature alert function. (not available on the 100)

forgetting all the extra gizmos and gadgets it (150) has I think this is a really important feature that would be more expensive to buy as an individual item.......unless not needed I would go for the 150 - only a little more money and extra peice of mind.
on 14 December 2008
Purchased this monitor and the on / off button didnt work at all well, was a real fight to get it to switch on, and then again to switch off - I rang the manufacturers, who have obviously had a number of complaints about this as they didnt even question me and just said to return it to Amazon, I was hoping to do an exchange, so that I could try again, but Amazon advised me that I had to do a refund and rebuy - due to a technical fault - I am assuming that this is a technical fault with the product - do decided to go for a refund and will buy another brand.

So wouldnt recommend this one at all
on 5 August 2008
We have bought two of these, and one of the earlier model. They all work brilliantly... until the sound stops working! With the earlier model this took around a year, but for the two new models it's happened within 4 months. The visual display continues to function, but the sound is intermittent at best, and mostly doesn't work at all. None of the monitors has been dropped or similar, so it's clearly a design fault at the heart of the machine. It's a shame because while they work these monitors are great - clear sound, no interference - but with a four-month lifespan they are certainly not worth the money.
44 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2009
Great for first few weeks then developed same fault mentioned above- sound cuts out without warning. We can't hear our son easily from our bedroom at night so this was a disaster for us. Only realised when our new baby woke me for a feed and I could just make him out screaming at the top of his lungs. Really upsetting. We will be trying to return the monitor for a refund and, especially after realising we are not alone, have lost trust in BT monitors so will buy another brand.
on 8 November 2008
This product works very well, the sound is clear all the features are great BUT there is obviously a problem with this item as I purchased the old version which broke down after six months (same problem as everyone keeps pointing out, the sound stops working)then I bought twice the new version and both broke down after a few months. So i am very disapointed and a stunned that BT has been able to solve this problem before the launch of their new version.
on 9 March 2009
As with a number of other reviewers, we've had more than one of these monitors due to the same fault. Both worked fine for around 4 or 5 months until the sound started to completely cut out intermittently.
As another reviewer said, there is no warning that this has happened until you hear your baby crying during a moment of quiet, or when you notice the light display flashing like mad and no sound coming out. The mute is most definitely NOT on, it is a recurring mechanical problem these monitors have, and I would strongly recommend you DO NOT TOUCH THIS MONITOR WITH A BARGEPOLE if you are reading these reviews and considering which monitor to buy. It's just not worth the risk of not hearing your baby if there's a problem.

My retailer has just supplied me with my third BT monitor as a replacement - this time it's the 150 model which seems to have much better reviews. Fingers crossed!
on 12 July 2008
Excellent. I was really pleased with the distance at which the monitors work, and how clearly you can hear what's going on at the other end. It has a talk facility, night light, can play tunes and you can put it on mute and if the noise level reaches the 'red' zone your receiver will bleep at you.

I have bought various other monitor and I wish I'd saved my money and bought these in the first place.
on 21 February 2010
This is our 2nd BT monitor, first one (an old model now discontinued) had a problem with the charging unit and we replaced it (on warantee) with the BT 100. We have been very happy with it until it suddenly stopped working- was just out of warantee so I took apart and found connection to battery had broken on the parent unit. I fixed this, but a few months later the speaker in the parent unit stopped working- another broken connection.

No problems with ease of use, range, functions etc, but don't expect a BT monitor to last very long. The quality of the electrical assembly is poor.

My experience with 2 different BT monitors is that they work well but die before too long. Would advise to try another brand if you want a chance of having a baby monitor that might last for baby number 2 or 3!
on 29 December 2010
I bought this for occasional use at the end of March, for visits from my Grandson. It worked very well until one day in November we noticed there was no sound being picked up and relayed to the parent monitor. This was after less than eight months use, about once a week. I then looked at these review pages and discovered it was a common problem, and BT were less than helpful to a number of others with the same issue, so I contacted Amazon, suggesting they might take it up with BT. This they undertook to do, and gave me a full refund. So top marks to Amazon, (although they are still selling them), but the monitor itself was alarmingly unreliable, as there was nothing to indicate it had developed a fault. The baby could have been screaming and I would not have known.
on 28 September 2008
This monitor wouldn't work outside our house - not so handy on pleasant summer evenings! The sound then completely stopped working during the night (was working when we went to bed so wasn't something we were doing). By the 3rd time this happened we'd completely lost confidence in the monitor and went back to using our old Philips analogue model. Would not recommend.