Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 August 2008
I thought this had happened to me then I discovered that (at least in my case) it is a feature. There is a mode where the unit can be set to only turn the speaker on when the sound goes above a preset level. In order to set this level. Press the button bottom left with the picture of an ear on it. Then quickly use the volume buttons to set a level. All the way up turns the "feature" off. It is very easy to accidentally turn this feature on!
Andy
1515 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2016
Really good baby monitor,very clear sound,and its has loads of lullaby's built in ,you can also talk to the child,I don't think I would do that with a very young baby but great for toddlers who understand what your'e saying ,comes with rechargeable batteries charger and and mains adapter so it's all covered,you even get a travel bag for it.
if you found this helpful ,please click on yes below
on 2 May 2008
`GREAT PRICE GREAT VALUE GREAT QUALITY`
Go for this one i say as you prob wouldn't even use all the extra functions on the 150 because i dont. This one has all the needs you need.
HTH X
on 29 December 2010
I bought this for occasional use at the end of March, for visits from my Grandson. It worked very well until one day in November we noticed there was no sound being picked up and relayed to the parent monitor. This was after less than eight months use, about once a week. I then looked at these review pages and discovered it was a common problem, and BT were less than helpful to a number of others with the same issue, so I contacted Amazon, suggesting they might take it up with BT. This they undertook to do, and gave me a full refund. So top marks to Amazon, (although they are still selling them), but the monitor itself was alarmingly unreliable, as there was nothing to indicate it had developed a fault. The baby could have been screaming and I would not have known.
on 9 March 2009
As with a number of other reviewers, we've had more than one of these monitors due to the same fault. Both worked fine for around 4 or 5 months until the sound started to completely cut out intermittently.
As another reviewer said, there is no warning that this has happened until you hear your baby crying during a moment of quiet, or when you notice the light display flashing like mad and no sound coming out. The mute is most definitely NOT on, it is a recurring mechanical problem these monitors have, and I would strongly recommend you DO NOT TOUCH THIS MONITOR WITH A BARGEPOLE if you are reading these reviews and considering which monitor to buy. It's just not worth the risk of not hearing your baby if there's a problem.

My retailer has just supplied me with my third BT monitor as a replacement - this time it's the 150 model which seems to have much better reviews. Fingers crossed!
on 25 March 2010
I have never felt the need to leave a review for anything before but feel the need to warn potential buyers about the poor quality of this products. I bought two of these for our two children and they have both experienced the same issue that a number of people have raised here. They have both worked very well for a period of time (and are a great monitor while working) however after time they both stopped transmitting sound and only the lights flashed. Totally unacceptable quality and to be honest should be recalled as this is clearly a common and known issue with this product which could cause a safety issue!
on 19 January 2010
Given some of the negative reviews it seems there could be some quality issues with some units but I can only say ours has been excellent. We have been using our unit daily for the last 10 months and have found it has done exactly what we needed it to. You can turn up sensitivity to max to hear all background noise or turn it down so sound is muted until child makes a noise. Sound quality has always been very good.

Only minor criticism is there's no battery life display so you only know the battery's got low when the warning light comes on accompanied by a regular beeping.
on 30 August 2008
We bought this baby monitor after being guided by the other reviews on Amazon. I'm pleased to report that we've been equally impressed!

I won't go into tons of detail - other than to say it does everything that you would need for a newborn, plus more. Don't worry about the more expensive 150 model - the extra gadgets are overkill. The 100 does everything you need, plus a few extra bits that you might never use (the tunes it plays are a nice touch - but never used in our house).

And, we live right under the Heathrow flight path and never had a single bit of interference!

Spend your money with confidence.
on 5 January 2009
Great for first few weeks then developed same fault mentioned above- sound cuts out without warning. We can't hear our son easily from our bedroom at night so this was a disaster for us. Only realised when our new baby woke me for a feed and I could just make him out screaming at the top of his lungs. Really upsetting. We will be trying to return the monitor for a refund and, especially after realising we are not alone, have lost trust in BT monitors so will buy another brand.
on 27 February 2010
I'd already bought a different monitor that supposedly guaranteed a clear signal, but it didn't! I saw the other feedback for this item and its also a best buy on Which?, so thought i'd give it a try. I can happily say that there is absolutely no interference with the signal and it provides really clear sound. The other features are also very useful and its very simple to use. Its an excellent monitor all round and given the price compared to some units, I don't think you can buy better.