Format: DVD|Change

on 11 February 2014
It wont be to everybody's taste, but it is to mine.

Strong characters, excellent pacing and comic asides, with complex relationships. Throw in the surreal, the dark, and the plain strange and you get a very British hospital comedy.

It's not Scrubs - and lacks the punchiness of their jokes - instead relying on the viewer investing in understanding the characters foibles and many layers of neurosis.
on 7 March 2010
An absolute gem of British sureal sometimes black comedy.
Was recommended to me by a friend and is without doubt the funniest comedy I have seen for years. All the cast are brillant ,in particular Michelle Gomez who was the pick of them.
Why oh why do we not see more of this type of humour - as I say one of the few series that has me laughting out loud.
If you do not care for PC this is one worth watching.
on 26 January 2013
You just dont know whats coming next. Rude crude and very funny. We all now someone who is Alan Statham.
on 11 June 2010
I watched this on the telly,and loved it then. So little good stuff on telly now, I bought this to cheer me up and cheer me up, it does! This stuff is so random and off the wall, even if you've seen it before, it never fails to make you laugh, wince or just identify with it! Would highly recommend this for a damned good laugh, or just to go somewhere else in your head for a while!
on 22 February 2015
Even more funny and entertaining now I have a copy of the series. Seeing it after many years since it was on the tv brings back happy memories of watching it with mates with a can or two. Now I can pause and re-live any particular scenes as often as I like. The box set arrived in good order and promptly. I can't fault the service I received from this seller. Highly recomended
on 30 May 2010
Had this recommended to us by a friend, and got seriously hooked! We ( mr, mrs and teenage son) laughed, cried, squirmed, ran for cover, and generally enjoyed. Super humour. lovely actors, and good story. We all hope ending no. 2 entails a really happy ending- otherwise we will be desperate! Are very busy recommending it to everybody with a real sense of humour!
on 22 July 2006
"Green Wing" is the BAFTA award winning sitcom/sketch show/comedy drama/soap opera about the surreal East Hampton Hospital Trust, an NHS hospital somewhere in England, which is heavy in the number of staff, but low on patients.

"Green Wing", created by Victoria Pile (Smack the Pony) follows the misadventures of its staff, most notable of which is Dr. Caroline Todd (Tamsin Greig), a new surgical registrar who is never more from one step away from total humiliation. Through her journey, we meet the rest of the staff, such as half-Swiss womanising anaesthetist Dr. Guy Secretan (Stephen Mangan), effortless cool surgeon Dr. "Mac" Macartney (Julian Rhind-Tutt), kinky consultant radiologist Dr. Alan Statham (Mark Heap), his love interest, 48-year-old HR director Joanna Clore (Pippa Haywood), sociopathic staff liaison officer Sue White (Michelle Gomez), unloved house officer Dr. Martin Dear (Karl Theobald), Alan's nemesis Boyce (Oliver Chris), perfect paediatrician Dr. Angela Hunter (Sarah Alexander), mother of four Harriet Schulenburg (Olivia Colman), down-trodden Karen Ball (Lucinda Raikes), abusive Kim Alabaster (Sally Bretton) and the very Naughty Rachel (Katie Lyons).

Whilst visiting the hospital, be prepared to look out for love affairs, discoveries of new family ties, murderous plots, cliffhanger endings, an operation in Geordie, a man eating a gall bladder, an incident with a dwarf and a stuffed heron, a 30 feet tall homoerotic image displayed on the hospital walls, and the bizarre sport of "Guyball" (pronounced gheeball).
on 4 December 2012
This fantastic series was screened on Australian TV last year on SBS, but trying to get Green Wing on DVD from anywhere in Australia was hopeless. I found Amazon were selling DVDs from UK that would work in Region 4. The boxed set of 4 DVDs (series I, II + special + extras) was about 1/3 the cost of buying a similar set in Aus, and that includes the postage !
on 31 December 2011
If your even looking at this product then you probably know what it is about, in which case, what are you waiting for...you won't regret it. If you do not know what it is about then I would just say, buy it and never look back. I really like Green Wing and I will continue to talk highly of it. Despite this, I don't think I could watch it again and again.
on 15 August 2014
Hilarious ! I remembered it was funny but even better second time round !