on 15 March 2010
I bought it for my son's 9th birthday. Arrived on time. He loves it. Boy-ish without being too chunky. Simple to put on and take off, easy to read. No technical problems so far. Only slight drawback, my son is very skinny, (smallest in his class), and the strap is a little too long for him; not so long as to be a problem but a bit clumsy, so possibly not suitable for much younger kids. I would certainly recommend it.
on 11 January 2009
Timex Youth T790514E Outdoor Black Fast Strap Watch

This is great watch, it looks good and is value for money. The previous review is misleading - you need to check what the water depth resistance actually means before buying ie you need a watch with at least 100 metres water resistance for swimming. This watch is only 30 meter water resistant so is not meant for swimming - as indicated in product information. Best leaving watches in the locker anyway!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 September 2014
I spent a lot of time searching for a suitable watch for our 6 year-old boy and decided this one was the best. It is for Christmas so he hasn't had it yet, but I have had it out of the box, it works fine (you pull the 'winder' knob out to start it going). The strap is a good size for a child. It fits through a loop and then doubles back and fastens down with velcro, and is very adjustable to different sized wrists. The face is nice and clear and it seems quite sturdy. His last watch was a lego watch, which as you would expect, got broken quite quickly. So I was looking for something that is more of a proper grown-up watch and sturdier. This seems quite sturdy, made of metal and is also more likely to get looked after as it doesn't look like a toy. The watch part is a good size for a child - not too big, not too small. I would have preferred a leather strap, especially for the price, like the girls' Timex watches - unfortunately those only come with girl colour straps. ie a watch that is a smaller version of a man's watch. I did look at the Ladies basic Timex ones with black leather straps but Ladies watches are smaller than childrens watches and it would have looked like a Ladies watch. Anyway, I'm sure our little boy will like this strap as it seems quite adventurish and outdoorsish - and I reckon a leather strap could be fitted quite easily if the strap ever becomes unserviceable, because the watch itself has standard metal fittings at either end. The raised bit on top is quite nice although not quite as good quality as the rest of the watch - it is metal but looks a bit plasticky - but overall it is a very nice, sturdy watch and good for boys from about ages 6 to 11 I reckon. I was surprised how hard it was to find a good boys watch. In Timex, there is only this and the camouflage one which looks like it wouldn't last five minutes. There are other makes, but from reading reviews on various sites, they seem to have reliability issues. So I am sticking with Timex for reliability. Will update when he gets it for Christmas.
on 23 July 2008
This is a lovely watch but it does not appear to be water resistent. Sadly this was the main reason for buying this watch. After my son had just one swim the light stopped working and then the watch stopped altogether. I have now returned it and am buying him a Slazenger watch which I know is waterproof as my daughter has one which has survived the swimming pool test.
on 23 May 2013
Bought this for my son (11) and he loves it. It does everything it should and it is comfortable and easy to wear, and just the right size for a very slim wrist!
on 30 April 2013
Bought this watch for my grandsons eighth birthday as the watches for his age group were to young, and thiswaswhat Iwaslooking for. it looks grown up and he loves wearing it.
on 18 August 2014
its what i expected. all good
on 14 August 2016