on 21 October 2016
I like walking and climbing, and I work up a bit of a sweat doing so. This did not do my previous, leather-strapped watch any good, and the whole strap fell apart (curiously around the time the battery died). I needed a new watch, quickly. The nylon strap of this time watch appealed, and the muted colour scheme looks smart. It doesn't even look that cheap really.

There are a few things to be aware of though. The nylon strap is initially VERY sharp on the edges, and was uncomfortable to wear for about a week (it smoothed out after that). The ticking is really quite loud! I can't leave this watch on my bedside table at night. The light on the watch isn't correctly aligned with the watch face, and a small sliver at the bottom of the face is unlit. Not a deal breaker, but that does make it look cheap when lit.

The watch seems solid, and has dealt well with rocks and rain so far!
VINE VOICEon 17 January 2014
I like a functional watch and being in my 40's with aging eye sight I need something I can see without my glasses!!

This is a mans watch and I am a small framed lady but the watch is comfortable to wear. On its tightest setting it is still loose on my wrist but I don't mind this as I prefer that.

The numbers are flourescent in the dark which is quite useful and the watch has a loud tick by modern standards but I like that, it reminds me of being a child again with my trusty childrens timex.

This has a light facility but I find the button is a bit hard to press and use.

Great watch for the price and I will buy again (if necessary).
on 9 July 2014
Bought this on Amazon to replace the identical item (bought from Argos) which I'd mislaid. I have a good watch, an Omega but I needed a cheap, lightweight watch for working around the farm, something I could afford to write off if it got damaged. Must have had the first Timex Expedition for four years, it took a hammering, never ran out of battery and kept perfect time and, as I said, I only replaced it with the same thing because I lost it.
I like the plain, uncluttered design of this; some cheap watches are over-designed to say the least. The fabric strap is leather lined and comfortable, the face is clear and easy to read and pressing the winder lights the dial so that you can see it in the dark. All in all, a good buy for under thirty quid.
on 22 March 2014
I have had one of these on my wrist for over twenty years. They usually last three or four years and then I buy a new one,.mainly because its got tatty rather than Its failed me. The fabric strap Is pretty hard wearing but I spend a lot of time working with my hands in sea water which tends to wreck most things! I have bought both my teenage grandsons Expedition watches and they have worn them for a couple of years and are still going strong. The best thing is the night light but i also love the simple clear dial that is still obvious despite my ageing eyes! I did buy one a couple of years ago that the winder fell out and had my money refunded but my old one kept on going so I stuck with it until it became so tatty I decided I had to buy another!A real design Classic amazing value!
on 6 December 2015
Well the dial isn't black as its described it's more of a sage green , which is ok , the strap is quite thin and short , for anyone with a thick wrist this may be a problem , and the buckle is flimsy so it's difficult to fit , but otherwise it's a neat little army type watch , and it's cheap , it's about twice this price in trendy clothing shops
on 2 October 2009
I have now had this watch for about 6 months, and in that period have not had to correct the time once, and it is still within a few seconds of the BBC Radio beeps.

It has been into swimming pools and rivers without any apparent problems.

The plastic case make it lightweight. The fabric strap doesn't look or feel likely to tear or snap (the downfall of my previous watches!).

The watch does not track months, so the date dial has to be adjusted at the relevant days of the year.

The only mildly annoying feature of this watch is the surprisingly loud tick - it won't distract you while there is background noise, but at night you may find yourself keeping it in a draw or on the other side of the room...or possibly a different room altogether.
on 6 July 2015
DISAPPOINTED. I do not like this watch at all. Here's why:

1. As so many others have said, it is simply too loud. Sitting on a coach on the motorway the other day, I could hear it ticking away. In front of
the TV too, I can still hear it. So it usually ends up in a trouser pocket. I should have paid more attention to other reviewers.
2. The face cover isn't glass, it's plastic, and in a certain light it is very noticeable - it looks cheap. This is also the reason why you can hear the
ticking so much: the entire watch is plastic.
3. The strap doesn't look good at all. It has a rather stupid, plastic connection with the watch itself, and spoils the overall look.

Unfortunately, I kept it too long and can't return it; now it sits in a drawer so I don't have to listen to the incessant ticking.
on 1 April 2017
I'm happy with it so far. It looks good. Trouble is, I live in a remote spot, and ordered the watch hoping I'd be able to use it out of the box. I didn't notice that it did not come with a battery installed, and it recommends that you take it to a watch shop to have one installed. I don't have one of those tiny screwdrivers needed to open the back. So it has sat there unused till I get the chance to go in. I think when I get it fitted, it should be fine, Timex was always a pretty good brand, and this has a clear face, second hand and a date wheel. I just wish I'd noticed I would have to fit a battery!
on 14 January 2016
I was looking for a small, lightweight watch for work and this is exactly what I needed. It is simple (time and date), has a plastic body and a canvas strap. The back light works really well. Other reviews have highlighted that the second hand is loud. To be honest I can't hear it at night when I'm trying to sleep, but that is probably because it is on a cabinet and not on my wrist. Very pleased with this.
on 23 January 2017
Decent watch durable no frills piece works well and keeps decent time, not bad for under £30 yet to getvit really wet n muddy but so far so good

edit - had it about a month and it works well & keeps time perfectly, is slight condensation but it has been put through its paces, the only point i noticed is that it is rather loud.