Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 10 January 2008
I brought this guitar for my daughter, although they said that delivery would take up to a month, it arrived within a week. You get everything you need for the guitar, it's really well made and put togeather. I would recommend this product to anyone, the only thing I would include are headphones!
on 19 March 2010
After many years of putting it off, I finally decided to take the plunge & learn to play the electric guitar, thus taking me one step further towards becoming a rock star! The package arrived within a couple of days of ordering, and I unpacked my new guitar & amp. The package included a nifty electronic tuning device which made tuning the guitar a doddle, and the enclosed DVD had me playing my first chords within a few minutes. The guitar is well put together, and the finish is excellent. The only slight niggle I have is an occasional buzzing from the strings, especially the low E-string, but I gather this is not an unusual problem for this type of instrument. I have found that despite being an electric instrument, it produces a surprisingly good volume without using the amp, but quiet enough so as not to disturb the neighbours. However, the amp supplied is excellent with a 10-watt output & a built-in overdrive feature, enabling you to produce a distorted sound like a true rockstar! I bought Guitar for Dummies to go alongside it, and 3 weeks on I'm playing quite a good selection of songs already. The package also included a good soft carrying case with a pocket for your bits & bobs & music, a stand (although I havn't used this yet), and a spare set of strings. A great value guitar package, designed to get you up & playing within weeks! Oh, and don't be put off if you can't read music, you can learn to play using guitar tab!
on 10 July 2008
This is a fantastic price for an excellent package which includes everything you need to get started to learn playing the electric guitar. My 11 year old is happily strumming away.
on 11 May 2009
This is the first guitar I have bought ( for my son's use )
I surprised by the quality for the price is seams heavy and solid.
The strap was the weakest link but you can't complain for the price.
My son is happy but my ears are not !
on 4 August 2010
(original added 04/08/2010)
I purchased this set recently and I must say I'm very happy with it.
I am a beginning guitarist and this was exactly what I was looking for.
Only down side is that the instruction DVD was badly scratched.
Shame as I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't.

Will update depending on the outcome of my complaint.

(added 08/08/2010)

Ok I have since had a reply about the scratched disc.
The first offer was to replace the whole kit.
I thought this was somewhat excessive as it was just the disc I was not happy with.
The second offer was a refund for 25% of the value of the purchase.
I found this to be excellent customer service definitely above and beyond what I would expect from any retailer let alone an online one.

Hence I have upped my rating from 4 stars to 5
on 30 September 2009
I ordered this for my son as he has been expressing an interest in learning the electric guitar for a while. Now I am not an expert but I feel that the guitar matches the quality of a number of guitars that I looked at in my local musical instrument shop, though it would have cost me decided more money. I am happy, he is happy maybe one day when he can play better, or he uses his headphones his mum might be happy :-)
on 24 May 2010
Bought for my 9 year old son for christmas. He loved it and has learned to play quite a lot of different songs from guns+roses to michael jackson.
The guitar package is good value for money has you get a lot with it. The amp is not very lound but is ample for bedroom use. The stand does the job it is supposed to as does the tuner. The dvd that came with it is ok although i did by guitar for dummies dvd that he preffered.
The case although not padded seems ok and the guitar spends most of the time either being played or on the stand.
We did have a problem with the guitar occasionaly losing sound from the amp and was advised that there was a loose connection. We informed amazon of this and promptly received a replacement. The guitar does sound and play ok. A lot better if you put some better quality strings and tune it properly.
All in all a good starter package that i would not hesitate in recomending to someone who wants to learn the guitar.
on 3 March 2009
For the price, this is a very high-quality instrument with a good amp. The guitar is heavy and solid - a lot better than some of the other "value" products I looked at before purchasing.
on 4 February 2009
I brought this few days ago, it came to me yesturday and have been playing it ever since. Its great value for money and i would recommend you buy it if you are looking for one.
on 4 December 2012
Received the guitar extremely quickly, arrived very well packaged but obvious that guitar was not new when opened as 'pickup lever' broken and evident the guitar had been previously used. Extremely disappointing as this was going to be a Christmas morning surprise for my daughter ! So glad I checked it first ! Very poor practise sending out a used item when bought and paid for in good faith that it was new !!!