on 1 December 2012
The amp that came with kit was broken, but Amazon replaced the whole lot (I only asked for the amp to be replaced but it seems it all comes under a single item) - no quibbles there as they refunded me the postage that I paid to send it back automatically once they received it.

The guitar itself is basic but solid - easy to play and I'm loving it (I'm a total beginner and it's my first guitar). I'm using the Rocksmith game on XBOX360 to play songs and I've learnt Boys Don't Cry in under a week (from never having played before).

Coupled with the case, the stand, spare strings etc (haven't looked at the DVD yet) this is an excellent package. The tuner is also great - better than the one I bought separately for my wife which I am about to give a really scathing review for :)

On the negative side I suppose the strap is a bit naff and flimsy, but that's about it. Hardly have to re-tune either and been using it quite a lot.
Also the amp is about what you would expect for the price of this kit, but it amplifies what your playing and it's loud enough.

Highly recommend this kit, would give it 5 stars but that would be insulting to really good guitars. This is a beginners guitar at the bottom end of the market, and as such it is excellent.
on 1 October 2011
Amazing Amazon! Ordered this item on the 30th Sept and it arrived Saturday morning at 9o'clock the next day, 1st October.!!!
And that was Super Saver! The Guitar is just what I always wanted and the sound is perfect to my ears. Ten out of ten for those cheap Chinese. It feels good to hold and the action appears to be just right for me. The carry bag will make it so easy when I get the bus to go to my teacher. The spare wires as well will mean that I wont get caught out when or if I do happen to break one. All in all, a very nice looking instrument for a starter guitar. The amp is also all right for a starter amp, but if I do get to grips with playing, I would probably get something a bit more powerful.
on 12 March 2012
A very complete package for the beginner (me) and very pleased with it apart from the guitar lead which broke within 4 days of purchasing the package - didn't want to send the rest back for one lead so ended up paying £12 for a lead from Maplin to keep me going.Hence 4 stars rather than 5.
Everything else is fine and I am currently working through an online guitar course - Jingle Bells being my latest and greatest tune to date LOL [...]
on 20 February 2009
Was my first guitar 7 years ago, so writing this now maybe I am seeing it through a rose tinted lens.
For what I paid back then (about £83) it was great value for money.
Guitar, little amp, stand, tuner etc etc.

Im going to give it 4/5, with one star deducted based on the sound quality of the guitar + amp, which is maybe a bit harsh due to the small price tag
but to be brutally honest the overdrive setting on the amp sounds like a swarm of angry bees in a small box (not good), and the single coil pickups (cheap) on the guitar arent all that great.

However most, if not all guitar/amp combo for this price will sound similar, and as a beginner (atleast for me) I didnt really know what was better until 6+ months after buying.
The clean sound is acceptable.

Buy this kit as a tool to learn the basics, so you can build a solid foundation to move onto a more expensive guitar + amp when its worth it.
on 13 March 2010
Great purchase, everything was exactly what I could expect and was not disappointed at all! A great starting guitar for a great price (At these prices there is no need to settle for an acoustic guitar)..

The Amp is perfect too, loud enough to get a good "rock-on" but not to loud to alienate your neighbours!

I cant recommend this product enough...

Enjoy!
5 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2016
Great sounding and professional looking electric guitar. This is the second one I've bought for my sons and I've had no complains about it from either of them.
on 13 August 2010
I bought this guitar package for my 10 year old son. I am really impressed with the quality of the guitar and the package as a whole.
It arrived on time and very well packaged. My son says it's really easy to play and the tutorial dvd which comes with it is very easy to follow.
I would recommend this purchase 100% Exellant value for money.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2010
Don't know much about guitars so I showed it to a friend that does. He couldn't believe the quality for the price. This is an excellent package for an excellent price. I'm a beginner and I couldn't have asked for better.
8 people found this helpful
on 13 May 2010
bought this for my husband who decided he wanted to learn to play guitar.didnt want to spend a lot as he has had previous fads. anyway this had so many good reviews i purchased it. it is a really good package nice quitar and all accesories to get you started. he is very pleased and so was i with the price.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2011
I am not a guitar expert, I am just a beginner. And I think this guitar is really good for who is starting and at a good price. You can tell why it is cheap maybe by the material or the sound, but still it is only to learn the basics. If you are an expert this will not be for you. It comes with everything that's announced.
I was afraid it would get damaged during the trip to the middle of the Atlantic, but all was well and took less then a month, which is very good for our standards here in the Azores.

See one answered question