Customer reviews

Seki Edge Toenail Clipper

on 14 April 2017
Excellent quality and brilliant clippers, even for really thick toenails! We use these professionally and would recommend.
on 8 September 2014
Very sharp but I find the plastic holder makes it a bit cumbersome.
on 13 April 2015
this fine for toenails but not the best a bit awkward to use.
on 23 May 2014
Very sharp, ergonomic and give a good clean cut leaving a great finish on the nail. I would highly recommend this
on 20 May 2017
Design is great 5 stars. Quality 1 star. Rust on cutting blade from day 1. Lasted 10 months and have now fallen to bits due to rust.
on 22 June 2010
As we age, human toe nails (especially on the big toe) become similar to cows' horns (so my brother informed me when I was about 10) so you can see that a really good pair of clippers is needed to cope with the ever-thickening growths on our own hooves!!

These really DO fit the bill and at LAST I'm responsible for my own toenails, instead of having to ask someone else to do them, which is ignominious for me and unpleasant for them (unless it's the podiatrist, of course!)

I'm not so sure how efficient the 'catcher' is though - I always put a towel under my feet when in action and there are usually quite a few stray bits in evidence. However, that's the least of my problems so I'm not going to quibble about THAT for one moment!

These may not be the cheapest bit of kit around, but they are well worth it for a clean cut!
on 1 November 2011
Bought these after reading the other reviews and as other people have said, they are really good. Have spent a long time finding clippers that are wide enough to deal with my rather thick toenails as no others fit the bill (and I have tried plenty) but these certainly do because they have a nice wide opening, a lot wider than others.
on 29 December 2012
I wasn't expecting a lot from a nail clipper because it's such a simple item, but I am actually impressed with this one.

I purchased a good nail clipper abroad on a trip but it was small, that one broke after a couple of uses and it wasn't very sharp. Another one I had also broke in a different way. Both clippers had the same kind of design and this one is different. Basically all nail clippers of this kind are two blades that are pushed down by a lever, which is anchored in a rivet-style pin that goes between the two blades. In the cheaper clippers this pin has a notch and this introduces a weakness point that leads to breaking.

This particular clipper gives me a feel that it will last more because the lever is not anchored on a notch, it is actually passed through a hole on the pin, which means that the pin itself is stronger and will not bend easily.

I don't really know whether the clipper itself will last or if it break, but in terms of construction I'd say it is miles ahead of the ones I used before. The build quality seems much better and the nail catcher although not a perfect feature catches nail clippings most of the time. The file on the other side is quite soft but does the job.

I feel that the price (paid around £15) for this product is justified, it seems to be better constructed than cheaper alternatives and there is a warranty too, which gives me confidence that if anything goes wrong, it will be replaced (haven't tested if this is actually the case, though).

I will recommend this one and give it 5 stars simply because it is priced dearly but is actually constructed nicely, and the blade is VERY sharp and will let you clip your foot nails effortlessly (well, compared to my cheaper ones anyway).
on 19 January 2010
This is the best nail cutter I have used. It cuts cleanly. I have had other nail cutters like this and never liked them. I decided to give this a try and glad I did.A perfect little nail cutter.
on 20 January 2010
My wife is extremely pleased with this product,we've tried various clippers in the past without much success but this one has surpassed all expectations.It is a superb piece of kit.