Wickedly expensive when you consider that you can get this type of box-end clipper for as little as £2, but they are absolutely top class clippers.

I've had mine for 5 years now, and they're as sharp now as they were when I bought them. They give a beautifully clean cut. In fact, they're so sharp you don't get that annoying click sound that cheaper clippers give (especially irritating when someone else is using them).

There is an integral nail file, but the mere thought of using it makes me cringe and clench my teeth even now - I have a thing about nail files, and I can't explain why. I've had a couple of goes using it when I've broken a nail (usually from when I've been opening pistachios) and it DOES work. It's actually very smooth to use, but as I say, I can't use it routinely.

Cannot fault the clippers, though. I suspect they could last a lifetime.
on 15 September 2017
After using cheap nail cutters for years, I got this especially since I think the price is quite reasonable for something 'high end'.

My favourite feature is the nail catcher which works really well and prevents clippings being launched everywhere. Otherwise the cutting is fine, no complaints. The nail file is nice to have but i'll probably never use it.
on 26 July 2017
This fingernail clipper made me realise the value of having a good one! It has stayed sharp for ages, and continues to do the job impeccably.
on 10 June 2017
Sharpest clippers I have ever had
on 3 April 2017
The sharpest I ever used. Leaves nice smooth edge, no need for filing.
"Too expensive" I thought, but while in Japan on a business trip, I was in need of some clippers and Seki Edge were the only ones available. I was not happy at having to spend so much money on clippers, but I did need them pronto, so took the hit and wow, was that lucky. Now, nail-cutting is not one of my hobbies. Like most men, I simply cut off the excess nail and I'm done. That hasn't changed with the Seki Edge, but what has changed is that these do the job in an effortless fashion. "How much effort goes into cutting your nails?", right? True, not much, but these clippers are robust - the top lever never budges from its central position; my previous set would often be out-of-place mid-cut. The Seki Edge is made from high quality stainless steel - it does not flex, it doesn't bend and it is very sharp. The clippers cut with ease and do not leave behind any uncut, or poorly cut nail. Since having spent "too much" on fingernail clippers, I made sure I got a pair of toenail clippers, too before I left Japan. Since then, I have been telling friends what a difference a decent pair of clippers make. One told me that he knows and that's why he uses Dovo Nail Clipper 10420. I tried those, and while they are more masculine in design, they are not better at their job than the Seki Edge. Plus, they cost >£27. So, really, the Seki Edge is a bargain.

An interesting fact: Seki is the region in Japan famed for its Samurai bushido blades.

Top quality, and built to last a lifetime. Recommended.
on 15 July 2014
Very sharp and precise and collects clippings. Noticeably better than any other clippers I have ever used.
on 8 September 2014
Very sharp and comfortable to use.
on 29 June 2010
I bought the toenail clipper about six months ago and I was so impressed I decided to have the fingernail one too. They are wonderful. I know they are dearer than normal clippers but they are so worth it. It seems very odd to be discussing personal things like this on the internet but I cannot praise these clippers enough, I wish I had known about them years ago. I presume it is the sharpness of the edges that gives such a brilliant clean cut, there is hardly any need to file as the cut is so good and yet it is completely safe.
These Seki Edge fingernail clippers look and feel nicely made and their quality marks them out from those supermarket "value" products you can get. The integrated nail file and clipping catcher is a bonus - both these features work well.

In use the clippers cut very effectively and the edges are obviously very sharp indeed - they are ideal for preventing ingrowing nails as the cutters have just about the right amount of curvature in them. The information on the Seki Edge website says these Finger Nail Clippers have a slight overbite on the "teeth", so the edges never touch. This design ensures a clean cut and everlasting sharpness. Based on the generous (lifetime) warranty I imagine these clippers will remain sharp for years to come.

in summary, a top notch product in terms of both form and function - the quality shows and is well worth paying for. Recommended.