Customer reviews

2,359
AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
Size: 20mL|Change

on 22 October 2017
In advance of a hearing test (preceded by a visit to my doctor’s surgery to have my ears syringed), I had been using olive oil drops for three or four days to soften my ear wax. As I thought it was making little difference, and I was tiring of going to bed each might with my ears plugged with cotton wool after using the drops, I bought this on impulse. Without getting too distasteful, I filled a couple of glasses worth of hand warm water into to my bathroom sink, and sat on the edge of the bath to try this syringe. As the nozzle is quite wide, I dare say to prevent you pushing it in too far and potentially damaging your eardrum, I was a bit sceptical of its efficacy. However the three jets of water come out almost at right angles to the syringe, rather than directly into the ear, further protecting the ear drum. On the first ‘squirt’ the water falling into the sink was the colour of weak tea, while the second dislodged a large piece of wax about half the size of a pea. The subsequent squirts, up to about six or so, added a few other tiny pieces of wax. After that, there was nothing left to clean as evidenced by the usb otoscope I had plugged into my phone. I’m now thinking of cancelling my surgery visit as I think the job is done, and am also wondering why a syringe such as this isn’t dispensed along with ear drops to save valuable health professional time as it seems very safe and efficient in operation.
on 20 October 2017
My right ear was completely blocked with earwax for about 3-4 days, and I couldn't hear much out of it. This happens once or twice every month. I used this for a good 5 minutes with warm water, and I was surprised at how well it removed everything. It does take a while, so I recommend using a cup with warm water to constantly fill up the syringe and repeat the process. Just a warning though, you may feel a little dizzy, so take breaks in between if you need to!

Tip: squirt the water in short bursts rather than one continuous push. I felt like this helped me a lot to speed up the process.
on 16 October 2017
This gadget is amazing! I wear earplugs for sleep purposes and have done for 15+ years. I don’t usually have issues with wax, unless I swim and allow my head under water. This happened yesterday and both ears completely blocked - no water trapped, but the force of diving in pushed all the wax right in. When this has happened before the only solution has been a nurse apt to have them irrigated, which they only do after using drops for five days. I ordered this yesterday, used olive oil yesterday and this morning, gadget arrived at 12:30 and after three scooshes (technical term) in each ear, they are clear. I can’t tell you the relief. Having internal hearing only is horrendous, especially when having a shower and you hear the water hitting your skull.
on 17 November 2015
Used with warm water. You will have to repeate treatment maybe 5 or 6 times each session before it works. Best use oil for a few days to loosen thing up.
on 8 October 2017
Bought this to clear out wax build up. Worked brilliantly. Totally cleaned out my ears. Now I can hear my wife perfectly. THINK before you use...
on 17 April 2015
Ordered this yesterday and came today (paid for next day delivery)
I have had ear wax problems for as long as I can remember. Ear candling usually works for me, so after the fifth ear candle I thought f** it i'm going to order this syringe. It took a while to unclog my ear, but keep going with it and it won't disappoint. My best friend is a Dr and advised to at first syringe it with warm water and hydrogen peroxide. You can hear the peroxide fizzing away in your ear.
After two weeks of being completely deaf I feel like a new woman
Best money I've ever spent - highly recommended
on 27 October 2016
Excellent. My husband sometimes has a terrible time with earwax, and the clinic here is slow and apathetic about doing anything. This, in combination with olive oil for a few days beforehand, seems to be doing the trick. So glad I got this!
on 15 July 2017
Yes, this works. But, as I discovered, you HAVE to be patient with the putting of the oil in the ear first - for days. SO, I tried it a few times and nothing happened. I left it a few more days, oiling the ears, and then tried it and wow, a cavalcade! Sorted it all and I could hear properly again. Cancelled my appointment with the ear nurse. And it feels very safe.
on 4 March 2014
Ordered this product out of desperation as nurse at GP surgery refused to syringe my ears until I'd be using drops for 10 days. I was totally deaf in my left ear so there was no way I was waiting, I was being driven round the twist! Anyway, ripped open the box when it arrived and got to work - 5 mins later I could hear perfectly again! :) My wax haul wasn't mega impressive which was a disappointment as there were just loads of little flakes, but I had been using otex express for a couple of days so that's probably why...I was hoping for a big gory lump, haha! Only negatives of the product are that it made me really dizzy for a few mins and gave me slight ear ache. Also for what it is it's stupidly expensive but to be fair I'd have paid anything to be able to hear again.
on 27 April 2014
The system works! Although I didn't have any results in "clearing" my ears I could definitely tell this was a safe and easy way of helping to clear ears. Turns out my problem is deeper than just having wax - something to do with my jaws?

Anyway this is a great product, although it didn't work for me I'm sure there's people with blocked ears it would for!!