Price:£4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 3 January 2014
I'm not a huge fan of these Astronaut food pouches but my family love them, so I buy them as gifts. They're a bit pricey for what little you get but they really do have the taste described (to some degree).

They're great to open when there's a group of people because people are absolutely amazed and excited whenever they see them. Most people are generally quite impressed.

A fun gift but not something I'd buy regularly to enjoy myself.
on 23 June 2016
I was impressed with this! It's uncanny! It melts in the mouth and is about as close to chocolate chip ice cream as you can get without actually being the real thing. Great fun! I'm inspired to try the other flavours. Mmmmmmmmmm!
on 31 July 2012
I bought this to send to my husband in afghan. I thought the idea of being able to send him 'ice cream' in the dessert would make his friends jealous. He loved the idea of it and the wow novelty factor however did not so much love the taste. Maybe a great product as a stocking filler for kids but again theyd probably enjoy the taste of their selections boxes more. Good for novelty value
on 22 July 2016
I've been asked to write a review, well, short and sweet just like the product.
you get a tiny rectangular piece of dried matter that looks anything but appetizing, once it's in your hand you won't believe how light it is: unless you're looking at it you'll think that you've dropped it. overcome your fears though, and you'll find the flavor is amazing, very intensely chocolate and with an interesting, unique texture. mind you, that tiny block of dried matter likely started out as 1/2 kilo of ice cream, and once I've scoffed "the lot" (the little there is) i found myself a bit too full. it was the ice cream being re-hydrated and gaining mass, i assume.

go ahead, treat yourself to this amazing, different, unique chocolate experience at least once in your life, it's worth it. i will be trying the other flavors in the near future.
on 8 October 2013
I have bought this as a christmas present for my friend as it looked really interesting! It is for christmas so I can't say how it tastes, but it is a decent sized packet and arrived very quickly and well packaged. Can not wait until christmas day!
on 2 October 2014
the texture, feel is not like ice cream; it has a rather gooey, rapid melting flavoursome taste. It is a product worth buying as a novelty gift or as a curious tryout. Pros, tastes nice, fun to try out Cons: small, melts very quickly so not long to savour it and crumbles easily. Overall would buy to try out. I have tried this once and i like it and is a better flavour than neopolitan ice cream.
We bought this as a Christmas present for a 12 year old boy. His face lit up and he couldn't wait to try it.

It crumbles easily. The texture is slightly odd but I think that that adds to the experience (well, you can't expect to freeze dry ice cream and maintain the same texture).
on 19 November 2014
I brought these with me in my baggage when I moved here from Houston. My husband's nieces and nephews thought I was Santa Claus. They tasted just like I remember from being a kid on a school field trip to NASA, crumbly and crisp and dry and creamy and chocolaty all at once. Thrilled to find them on Amazon as an add-on item. They're not that much more expensive than buying them in Houston.
on 14 February 2013
This freeze dried ice-cream is a fun treat for all ages, you can get it in a variety of yummy flavours including strawberry, chocolate and vanilla! It is very helpful for astronauts but other people can enjoy it too! If you like maltesers then you'll love this as its after taste and texture is a bit like a chewy biscuit that slowly goes away. It looks a bit like coloured bricks, but don't let that put you off! A fun yummy treat for all of the family. Try it!
on 18 July 2013
Bought as a present which was greatly appreciated by my space fan boyfriend. I got to try a bit myself. Good taste and unusual texture. Would definitely buy more if I saw them in a shop

See one answered question