Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 13 March 2011
A selection of classic fairy tales that everyone will remember from childhood.

Really fantastic and took me back a few years.

The only thing that irked me was the mention of someone paying for something in one of the stories in dollars. Clearly made suitable for kindle by an american volunteer!
on 27 June 2011
As soon as I start reading a short story from this book it is as if I am suddenly cast back to that time. I love the way these stories are all told, with the 19th cemtury speak & how the good always prevails over evil...it`s the fantasist in me, I don`t always like how reality turns out so maybe that is why I have always been a big fan of fairytales.

I recommend sitting snuggled up in your jim jams with this book & a nice big mug of hot chocolate...but you have to read the tales out loud, even if you are on your own, it makes them much more enjoyable. trust me, x
Grab this whilst you are still allowed to as it would seem that some fairy tales and nursery rhymes are now becoming Un-Pc!

This lovely litle Kindle book contains all the favourites fairy tales of your youth and transported me back to my childhood which I found very refreshing.

I'd recommend this to any parent to either read to their child or to allow them to read it themselves. I was never frightened half to death as child by these stories even though some of them are quite horrific. It is my experience, that children like to be frightened to a certain extent providing you point out to them that the stories aren't real.
on 25 January 2011
a very good childrens book but does get a bit samey. good for bed time stories and has lots of sories as well.
on 24 May 2016
The leather-bound quality finish is a pleasure to the touch. The gold leaf on the outside of the pages and engraving on the cover is a feast for the eyes. Even the little thing like a ribbon completes the experience. Just for those qualities it is worth keeping in a prime visible spot on the bookshelf. The stories though are not to everyone's taste though - some I had to skip over. But there are some old favourites like Hansel and Gretel, the musicians of Bremen, the frog princess etc. Bit of a mixed bag of stories really, as they have been collected from many tellers of tales and compiled by the brothers. But overall this book is a winner and worth buying.
on 21 August 2016
The book is beautiful and is just how it's described the book has over 700 pages each page lined with gold.
Great read absolutely recommend
on 6 August 2016
Kindle sale purchase.

I purchased a load of kindle titles recently and so I cant review the titles themselves yet. My reason for 5 stars is because of the price and the overview sounds great.

I will be back later to provide a comprehensive review of this book.
on 22 May 2012
The kindle version has poor formatting as the entire book feels like one large paragraph. There is no separation of chapters and overall a hard read. The stories are great for children.
on 18 August 2016
I love this book. It is beautiful and the stories are fun to read. Perfect edition to my bookshelf. One thing I will say is that these stories are definitely not for children!
on 31 December 2015
Bought for my 7 year old granddaughter for Christmas and she absolutely loved it. Arrived quickly packed well. Leather bound and beautiful. Impressed.