Customer reviews

on 12 September 2014
Bought it because a chap helped me out when arriving at a park with my son to practice bike riding and missed to check air and had no pump. My 5-year old was totally impressed (since he was allowed to use it). I have to say we both were equally impressed, and since I have no solid pump, we decided to order this one as our first "family pump".
It's totally solid and sturdy and the hose and valve connector are well made and definitely not cheap.
The gage works well (though you have to pay attention since it moves as you press the handle down while the pump reaches the same pressure as the tire already has and then drops as you finish the stroke).
Takes only a few strokes to pressurise any bike tire. The foot plate allows you to secure the pump and you can use your body weight to push the handle down, which makes the task quite easy.
We have this pump now for several weeks and it performs well. I would not hesitate recommending this pump to anyone who looks to buy a pump that lasts a long time or is up for heavy use (the guy who helped us at the parking lot seemed like a real mountain bike pro and he praised this pump, too).
on 13 July 2010
Having a pile of defective standard bike pumps in our garage, including several fancy ones that promised much but failed after a month or so, and a cheap stirrup pump that always leaked, had a defective gauge, and finally blew through its tube after a couple of years, I was hoping that the Joe Blow "track pump" would be different. It is! Very good build quality from the aluminium footplate to the ergonomic handle, and from the robust metal cylinder to the rock solid and accurate pressure gauge. It makes maintaining the pressure on the motorbike, four bicycles and one estate car almost a pleasure. Get it if you can!
on 18 October 2012
After struggling with hand-held pumps and ruining several Presta valves (necessitating new inner tubes) I read around the net for the best solutions to maintaining cycle tyre pressures. This product seemed to be top of many experienced cyclists' lists as a cost-effective solution. Thus, I ordered it via Amazon and it was delivered within a couple of days (very impressive service!). The recommendations were spot on. It rapidly inflates both high pressure road bike tyres and MTB tyres to the recommended pressures (easily read from the built in gauge). Both types of valve (Presta and Schrader) are handled via a double-sided connector on the end of a more than adequate length hose. It even looks good. Thoroughly recommend this product.
on 8 April 2014
Ive never owned a pump like this before, Ive always relied on pumping my tyres up with an old style hand pump then squeezing the tyre! Not anymore, this bad boy blows up the trye in no time to the exact tyre pressure required, I beleive it will even bloe a car tyre up too, but not tried that yet! Its really well made, it has a real solid feel to it, it works on both types of tyre valve (needle valve & car tyre valve type), it comes with a needle valve for footballs and a larger valve for inflatables... All in all I'm very satisfied!
on 11 October 2013
Topeak produce some great products - this is another one. it's a good, solid product and doesn't feel like it's going to buckle or bend. The guage is useful, and the different fittings are very useful - I pump my (narrow) roadbike tyres, the kid's bike tyres, their footballs, basketballs, rugby balls.... you get the idea. I've had it for a few months now and have been very happy. The only negative is that the footplate is quite thin, and the edges are sharp, so when you move it from one place to another, you MUST lift it up as it scuffs the floor. My wooden floors have marks on them now.
on 30 October 2013
Smart piece of kit, Slick operation without effort. After a life time of semi hard tyres I discovered this gem and now know what it feels like to have properly inflated really hard tyres and can really enjoy my bike rides.

One tip - hold connector firmly in place when you pull the lever to disconnect or you will lose pressure and have to start again. Best not use it as a tyre pressure gauge either or it is likely to give a false reading. Best to allow tyre to become soft by letting out air, start from scratch and after about 6 or seven pumps check the gauge and if correct, remove it without any loss of pressure - simples.
on 6 April 2013
This is a very well put together piece of equipment easy to operate and the valve locates on the tyre vale with no problem.
I have a mountain bike with big fat tyres which require a lot of pressure this pump reached 60psi with ease and would have reached more
The pressure gauge is well positioned and easy to read but cannot comment on accuracy but you're not blowing up formula one racing car tyres are you
Well worth the money.
A must have for the serious biker

Michael
on 28 January 2013
I have had numerous pumps over the years ranging from hand pump to stirrup type pumps but generally I've gone for price rather than review rating. Well having just dumped my last £8ish pump in the bin because the gauge and connector failed I used customer reviews to guide me. I'm no serious cycler but we have 4 bikes in the house and I just want something to work when I need it to work and is easy to use. This pump is spot on. The connector fits easily and locks on, the hose is very flexible, the gauge is accurate, it is well made, & pumping is easy. Did all the usual searches on ebay, etc and this ticked all the boxes. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and this (so far) proves the point. If you think it is a bit expensive just ignore the price and go for it. You won't regret it.
on 19 April 2014
Very good quality pump. Attaches and detaches easily from Presta and Schrader valves. Very easy to get high pressure on bike tyres. Metal parts and clear gauge. Have had a cheaper other brand track pump for a while that was fiddly to use - you get what you pay for! Definitely recommend.
on 8 October 2014
brilliant foot pump, easily put 120 psi pressure into your road bike tyres!
good quality, robust, sturdy, well built. ived had this for 2 years now and it will hopefully last a lot longer. dont waste your time with other pumps, get this for life