Format: DVD|Change

on 19 August 2015
was an ok film... some comedy bits in it.
on 6 January 2008
I was expecting nothing from this film, I simply chose to rent it on a whim, however I haven't laughed so hard for ages. It is an expertly observed comedy which will strike a chord with anyone who has lived through pregnancy and birth. I loved it's dry wit, it's adult dialogue with loads of swearing (just like real life) and real sex scenes. Simply a delight and the previous critic who found nothing funny in the first hour; he must be made of wood.
on 18 July 2014
amazing!! love this film so funny!
on 1 February 2008
the first time i watched this film i was, at times, open mouthed with astonishment at some of the crude things that were said and with all the swearing.however when,the next day i kept thinking about the film(normally an indication of that i have enjoyed a film)i decided to watch it again.esentially it is a rather sweet love story and i have to say that it is now one of my favourite films.
on 18 August 2008
This is a film designed to entertain, the characters are 2 dimensional and unsympathetic, don't interact well and serve only to move the story from one scene to another. That said, it is enjoyable enough and didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out. If you want an unplanned pregnancy flick with depth and heart buy Juno. If you just want to laugh, buy this.

i
on 29 February 2016
funny x loads of swearing though
on 30 January 2016
Very funny film
Great story
on 3 November 2015
great if u enjoy a bit of comedy
on 1 April 2009
This film was so boring that my partner fell asleep. But I endeavoured with it, hoping that I would find something funny to make me laugh but to my disappointment there wasn't anything.

My after thought was, I wish I fell a sleep too.
Everyone has seen a movie at least once in their life with a similar premise to this little gem. Girl meets guy, girl gets pregnant and guy isn't exactly the best candidate to be a father.

From the creator of The 40 Year Old Virgin, this puts an interesting spin on the age old comedy situation of unwanted pregnancy.

Alison, a pretty and smart tv journalist for E! goes clubbing to celebrate a promotion at work and meets Ben, an unemployed ever so slightly chubby twenty-something Canadian who spends most of his days getting high, or watching movies with partial female nudity.

To Alison's absolute horror, she wakes in the morning to find she has in fact slept with Ben. The two have absolutely nothing in common, and she leaves it as a one night stand with no intentions of ever contacting Ben again. However after four weeks, she's throwing up, and several pregnancy tests later concludes she's pregnant and the only man she's been with is Ben.

Instead of doing what she's advised by her mother (take care of the problem and get on with her life) she decides she's going to have the baby and despite hardly knowing Ben, she invites him into her life so that he can be a part in the pregnancy and the unborn baby's life.

While I don't think the movie is as hilarious as everyone had pegged it, there were a few moments that did have me laughing quite hard (not too many), I was very surprised at how sweet the whole outcome of the movie is and how two people who weren't ever meant for each other to begin with grow on each other while accepting their responsibilities and trying to do the right thing.

This is actually I think the first movie I've really seen Seth Rogen play a lead in and I was blown away just by how good he is, he pulls off the confusion and the struggle in his character rather well, he comes off as very sweet, honest and genuine portraying Ben, and the chemistry between him and Katherine Heigl is absolutely perfect.

Both are outstanding as young people out of their depths who have to set aside their differences and learn to love each other out of obligation and maybe just find happiness that was never expected.