Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Moana - Listen with Prime Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 22 March 2017
The covers are a flexible smooth card that bends with the papers when you pick it up. Not the 'hard board' as described. Works out at £2.50 each, so value for money. They are quality notepads as the paper is thick and smooth so low resistance when handwriting. Two edges are rounded. Blue/violet lines, no margins. The perforation holes are so tiny you can't see them. Just looks like a subtle score in the paper when you tilt it in the light. The pad is 6 or 7 mm thick including both covers.

I suppose these are designed to be used on a small table then carried around. ie University. They are not the lightest pads but a compromise with; faster, easier, flat A4 writing, enough papers without being too heavy, durable coloured covers without adding weight and bulk.
on 7 April 2017
Brilliant notebooks! I have been using them for years for school and now Uni and despite the lack of consideration (including several leaking water bottles) they hold up very well. Obviously, being Clairfontaine, the paper is of fantastic quality and I've had no issues with any of my fountain pens, regarding feathering or show through, even with my Lamy medium nib which writes like a Sharpie! Much more economical to buy this way in bulk too.
on 23 August 2017
Excellent! The paper is of great quality, the lines are well spaced, and therefore the notebook is a pleasure to use, hold and read. Just hope my work lives up to using the notebook!
on 9 August 2017
Amazing quality!
on 16 October 2017
Very good quality
VINE VOICEon 2 November 2010
What can I say about notebooks? Well, they do the job. 120 pages is small enough and light enough to travel with me everywhere, and the colours (or if you like pastel, then get Europa Notemaker Book Sidebound Ruled 80gsm 120 Pages A5 Assorted C - Ref 3155 (Pack 10) which I buy at the same time) are much nicer than Black and Red (my opinion).
I like these notebooks because the pages come out easily on perforated cuts, but they don't tear out when you want them to stay in place, for example when you leave the notebook open and shove it to the bottom of a computer notebook backpack and mash it around a bit.
Exceeded my expectations - very pleased.
You may ask how i get through so many notebooks - i write like mad. When interviewing, I can get through 6 pages in an hour and it is more personal than sitting behind a computer or even a bigger notebook, whilst giving you a bit more space to draw in than a smaller notebook. My favourite compromise size.
on 18 October 2010
The Europa Notemaker Book is great. It comes in a variety of colours and so you can dedicate a colour to a different topic which is great. The quality of the paper is really nice which is an important factor for me and you also have the option of being able to remove pages easily due to each page being perforated. I also love the way the notebook doesn't bulge at the binding which is usually a problem when it comes to most notebooks like this. A bit pricey but overall a great buy.
on 7 August 2010
As a law student, I decided to purchase binded notebooks after getting tired of separating loose leaf notes (which I had to bin after rewriting) into ring binders everyday. I colour code my notes for all the six units I study every year, and hence was delighted to find that these notebooks came in the exact colours I was looking for (though there were 5 colours instead of 6). The fact that they can be folded over COMPLETELY without producing any bulges at the binding like most notebooks is possibly the best part of them all: it allows for smooth and easy writing anywhere including in crammed lecture theatres, which is a major plus point. They did not appear ruled in the picture (until I zoomed in) but the fact that they are makes them the perfect substitute for the foolscap paper I have been using. I would have given them 5 stars if they were sold individually as well as in packs of 10 (note that the latter is cheaper): it may be difficult for me to replace a certain colour if I run out without buying the whole stack. I was lucky as these notebooks ARE sold individually in pink (which is the sixth colour I use: bought two to complement the stack) as well as black, but a bigger variety of colours for individual sale would be great. Overall, a GREAT purchase! :)
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 February 2014
I have yet to find a notemaker that competes with these. They are of phenomenal quality in all respects: Smooth, strong paper that just draws your pen through beautifully, no grating or scratching. Pages rip off effortlessly...no margins or pointless hole punches...just a nice whole page of wonderful quality ruled paper. The lines are perfectly spaced and the cover is thick for great protection in bags etc. Really recommend. The only thing I don't like is the cover design, but hey, you can't have everything. Go for it! These clairefontaine paper pads are possibly one of the nicest pads your will ever write on. The paper quality far exceeds anything else I have brought from WHSmith or Pukka or any other brand.
on 13 March 2014
Used to use cheap Tesco own value brand note pads for work but they looked rubbish and the paper was so thin the ink would show through onto the rear of the page. These notebooks are completely the opposite, very well made, strong cover and the paper is really good quality. Works out at quite a decent priced per pad when bought this way and should last a while (if my kids don't pinch them!).