Rotring 699380 Isograph College Set
Size: 0.25 mm, 0.35 mm, 0.50 mm|Style: College Set|Change

on 23 February 2016
Bought these after a recommendation from another artist, and I am not disappointed. I bought white ink for mine as well as I wanted it for white outline and highlight pens. While I did not need the other items in the set they are very good quality and buying the set was much better value that buying each pen separately. The pen reservoir is easy to fill, and after a few quick shakes the ink was running evenly with good flow. Tested On black paper, and the ink has a good density/opacity. Have not yet tested on mixed media or water colour, but they do sell a cleaning fluid for blocked nibs, so not too worried. I was also recommended to only use proper pen formulated inks in these pens however, as drawing inks and watercolours will dry and clog the nibs quite quickly.
review image
on 27 April 2013
I bought this set a while ago and, it was so good that I decided to purchase another. The reason is, I wanted to see if I could make up some mixtures of filtered watercolour paint and fill a cleaned out cartridge in these pens. Well, it worked a treat! Whenever any slight intermittent/blocking happened (not often) I just shake the pen a bit and, whoa-la! back it comes.
These pens and the Rotring brand is such consistent quality. I recommend them highly.
on 27 January 2016
I used Rotring Isograph pens for years, right through university & well beyond. They were fantastic. But that was 25 years ago and I can't believe these nibs are the same product, horrible to use, scratchy. Maybe this "college set" is a different/cheaper product? 2 stars because the pencil & the box case is decent but really if you need a drawing pen get something else.
on 20 January 2016
I have used these pens continuously for around 6 months now and they are practically perfect for the job.
I use them to create technical drawings. I have to say, one of the most useful things in this set is the lid to the box, as a stencil and ruler its incredible useful and always to hand alongside the pens (and pencil).
The only negative I have found is the there is a small rubber stopper inside the pen lids and I find that this can sometimes get stuck to the pen rather than staying in the lid of the pen, its generally inky and therefore a messy job putting it back in.
on 24 June 2013
This seems expensive, but if you periodically need to produce building plans etc then this is a worthwhile investment. Instead of replacing dried up pens each time you take them out of the drawer, these are stored dry and only filled when you need them. The kit will last a lifetime, and you can easily replace the ink when it is used up or dries out.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 November 2017
Perfect!

Didn't want the extras so the junior set is great.
on 1 December 2017
Good quality product. Mike Harris
on 2 April 2017
Better than describled. Value and quality
on 14 November 2013
This kit is just perfect.
The cover also features a ruler and other useful drawing stuff.
As for Rotring Isographs they are the best technical product but they also required some maintance.

The smaller pens are a bit fragile, keep it in mind.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Bought to use with Magic Colour Inks. They are good. Would have liked an instruction leaflet though.