on 15 June 2012
this is about a young girl who relies on her faith in god to help her survive during hitlers rein. it gives you an insight into how children coped during these times. not the best written book but an okay read,
on 5 May 2014
This story is gut wrenching but should be read lest we forget.Amazing what a human can survive. We serve a mighty God
on 23 July 2015
I bought this even though it is a children's book. I enjoyed it very much and will pass it on. It arrived in plenty of time and in good condition. Thank you.
on 29 January 2013
Really enjoyed this book very emotional ,cant believe such a thing really happened,even though I know it did.The Shadow Of His Hand was brilliant, made me cry more than once, cant believe this was allowed to happen I hope never to be forgotten. Icant believe human beings could do such things to other human beings.
on 25 September 2013
Great book would recommend this book to anyone, very sad and heart warming.
I will deffinately be buying her other book
on 21 August 2013
Lest we forget it could happen again. Also shows the faithfulness of
God in a life.
A brilliant read .
on 2 February 2013
I've read a lot of holocaust survival stories. The basic tale is credible. What ruins the book is the amanuensis's style which is that of a child narrator, using a child's vocabulary, her lack of real comprehension of what the survivor went through and her hazy grasp of historical events, thrown out as though they were truths. (130,000 did not perish in the Dresden firestorm- read the carefully researched description by real historians).
The silliest theme was that of Jesus saving her while relatives, friends and companions continued to die around her. Utter drivel, unfortunately.
on 18 April 2013
Such an interesting book and very well written. I was so glad Anita and her mother and sister survived but sad the book came to its end.