• Coco

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 February 2017
no idea was a gift
on 22 October 2007
I bought this album a couple of weeks ago as I had heard the song 'Bubbly', and loved it. Since then it is permenantly played in my car, and all my kids sing along to it to! If you like the song 'Bubbly', then you will love this album, as all the songs are equally as good. It's easy listening, reflective type of music, that just makes you feel at peace with the world...and makes you want to go and hug someone! Just a brilliant album.... go on.. buy it..and you won't regret it!!!!!
on 1 October 2007
This album is sensational! I first heard of Colbie on her MySpace page which I reached by fluke in July. The second I had finished listening to The Little Things I imported the album from America...it came a few days later and it hasn't left my CD player in 12 weeks...here is my track by track review of this stunning collection from a lady with a smooth yet infectious voice.

1. Oxygen: A brilliant opening track, this has uplifting lyrics, a catchy melody and is a joy to listen to. 9/10

2. The Little Things: The track that introduced me to Colbie! This has a gorgoeus intro, the lyrics are very true to life and the song is a delight. 10/10

3. One Fine Wire: Another brilliant track though not as good as the first two. 8/10

4. Bubbly: The first single. This is a charming Jack Johnson like cool, mellow acoustic ballad with cute lyrics and an infectious melody. 10/10

5. Feelings Show: Another excellent song though not as instant as the first four tracks. 8/10

6. Midnight Bottle: This is a real grower. I wasn't overly keen at first but now I like it a lot. 7.5/10

7. Realize: For me this is the album's standout track. The lyrics are perfection, the melody is brilliant and the backing vocals from Colbie's friend and co-writer Jason Reeves fit perfectly. This will become one of my all time favourite songs! 10/10

8. Battle: A bit different to the other tracks, this has richer production and a mesmerising piano introduction. It is more dramatic but rightfuly so and one of the album's most fascinating tracks! 10/10

9. Tailor Made: After Battle this sounds very Country-tinged. Like the sort of thing Carrie Underwood might do...another highlight. 9/10

10. Magic: Another big grower, its a very simple song melody wise but again the lyrics stand out. 8/10

11. Tied Down: The only song I'm not wildly keen on. It has an odd Reggae sound to it which gives the album some diversity but is not one of Colbie's finest moments. 5/10

12. Capri: Another more simple track to round off the album, again its not as brilliant as the first ten tracks but well worth a listen. 7/10

13. Dreams Collide (UK Bonus Track): This isn't on my version but I have downloaded it off iTunes and its a nice song. Runs well into the album after Capri. 7/10

The first 10 tracks on this album are sensational. If I was Colbie I would have left it at 10 or put the US bonus track Older or the UK b-side Circles onto the album which are far superior tracks and well worthy of at least 8/10 each. As it stands, I am so overwhelmed by the consistent quality of this album that I can't stop listening to it, it never gets boring. I really can't recommend an album more highly in 2007 than this so an overall mark has to be given of 10/10!!!
on 31 March 2008
Thought about buying this for a while, kept listening and re-listening to the 30sec excerpts on itunes and then eventually took the plunge. Glad I did as it's actually much better and with more depth to it than the excerpts would suggest. Very pleasant to listen to, very Californian and very 'beach'. A very good 'summer Saturday morning after a good Friday night before' type of CD - goes well with coffee and toast!
on 10 December 2013
Pleasant album bought after hearing her superb Christmas album. I feel that there is better to come from this artist as she certainly can sing. Listen to the way she tackles most of the tracks on the Christmas album - this said it's a pleasant enough CD.
on 16 July 2009
Have enjoyed this CD immensely..very mellow and easy listening x Good voice, easy on the ear x She sings about issues we are all aware of and can relate to..I think that's why it works x
on 18 February 2008
This is undoubtably a good album. Well written songs that have various moods through out the album. A fabulous album for the summer months, or to dream of the summer months to!
on 13 December 2012
Some great tracks on this. Colbie is the best country singer in a good while. Delivery was quick by supplier.
(CD Case is poor, its on printed card by the manufacturer.)
on 20 February 2008
Every now and then you discover someone who makes you think "wow" and Colbie Caillat does this for me. Highly recommended. And I hope YOU like it.
on 6 November 2007
A really great debut album from Colbie. The relaxed and mellow tunes are perfect to listen to at any time, with catchy lyrics and mesmorising beats. Many of the songs can be personally related to and the feeling that Colbie has written, and sung from, the heart is apperent throughout the album. A definate must have!!