Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 11 September 2007
This was the album that turned me on to the Police all those years ago. Now that there are SACD versions of the whole catalogue plus the Message in a Box collection (which I own) I question the validity of yet another rerelease. Can it possibly be that they are cashing in on the 2007 tour? As if...

I would still recommend this album for itself (this was the last time a Police album had a fair mix of Sting and Stuart Copeland songs). Does Everyone Stare and On Any Other Day give an indication of where the Police could have headed if Sting hadn't dominated the song writing from then on. And of course Message in a Bottle, Walking on the Moon and Bed's Too Big are classic examples of how to produce great songs with a minimum of production (less is more!). Hence the 5 stars for the album itself.

But if you have the SACD version or Message in a Box you already know this. Unless the remaster is so good that the sound quality is irresistable it may be worth waiting a while!
on 11 September 2007
This album is, was and always will be fine. In terms of musicianship it's probably their best. What I don't understand is the ever shortening periods between new batches of remasters (there's another 'remastered' Regatta De Blanc from 2003 on Amazon for half the price of this). I'll come back to this if this a a Spectacular Remaster, but I'll wait and see.....
on 12 September 2007
okay this may be an exploitation by the police cashing in on their reunion tour but Regatta De Blanc was the first album that got me hooked whether or not the 2007 re-release is any different is beyond my care as with any album this one still rocks!