Customer reviews

on 3 January 2015
Some of this should be taught in schools, it teaches how to remember For example if you are a man and as you left your house one day and a dozen girls were walking past just as your trouser belt broke and your trousers fell to the floor , You would never forget it for the rest of your life. . An out door bit of fun I have is to ask some one to give me any date of the year and I name the day it falls on This year next year last year. There's 1095 different days And it can be taken farther. Notice I said outdoor fun I did not say trick. Some people say I wish I could play the piano. What they are really saying is I wish I could wake up in he morning and find I can play without putting time in on practice. This book is not a magic book you have to put a bit of effort in, but it is easy. Different Paragraphs cover different subject. If you have no interest in memorising a pack of cards move to a different subject. e.g. remembering Months They are numbered ie September is 6 And the way to remember it is in Sep The leaves fall there are 6 letters in leaves THAT easy, Aug is 3 it is hot 3 letters, June is 5 you have a June Bride, Bride 5 letters. Try reading a magazine with 50 odd pages and ask someone to call any page No and you tell them something on that page "EASY"... On a personal note I have had many jobs and a workmate in one of them gave me the book when it was first released .I was a school caretaker for 21 years at a school for kids with learning difficulties the pay was poor but I loved the job. so you can see I haven't got a GCE and 43 "A" levels, And I used a dictionary to write this. I am 82 now and still do the calendar stunt. I don't tell how I do it and people think I have an amazing memory. As the author says people don't have poor memories just untrained ones Years ago I lost the book ,Loaned it out and never got it back. (That's how good it is). But recently I bought a copy for peanuts from Amazon and it was like finding the holy grail. Den.
14 people found this helpful
on 11 December 2017
Great book but dating from 1986 the production of it means it's fragile and as I read it the spine broke and all the pages have now come out so I'd recommend a later edition with more sophisticated binding. Great content and delivery time was good. Thank you.
on 2 May 2017
I bought a copy this a very long time ago (1980s) and the copy has worn out, so, I needed a new one. This book should be read and held by everyone. It got both my daughter and myself through university.
on 16 January 2015
A must for anyone who wants to improve their memory. I first used this in 1978 and ended up teaching classes on memory in the 1980s.
on 15 January 2015
great
on 3 March 2013
This is an easy read on memory retention systems and exercises. It is a classic but refreshing read from a master in his field.
on 27 August 2014
Everything I expected
on 8 December 2014
i remember everything like jesus on adderall
on 22 March 2012
This is a book originally published in 1958, with this edition from 1986, so I'd guess it's kind-of longevity has something to do with useful content!

Over the time since publication I'd expect there to be some perspective changes, but the essentials are the same...to develop a better memory. A brief look at the content points to the use of common sense, but it's amazing how we can hone our mind simply by highlighting some aspect by writing it down.
on 2 November 2016
I'd like to write a review of this book but unfortunately I've forgotten what it's about.