Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Colour: Grey|Change

on 24 August 2012
A very well made tool of a high engineering quality however, when you come to actually use it the tools are very short so some jobs become overly difficult - e.g try tightening the bolts on your bottle cage with it.

But the main criticism of this tool and the same goes for the 19 version, is the so called chain splitter. Unless you have the hands of an ape you simply can not get enough leverage with the tool to split a chain. I have only been able to split a chain by using a 6inch adjustable spanner clamped to the wrench, then you can just about get the chain to break. So for an on the trial chain repair - get yourself something else, or face a long walk home!
on 25 April 2016
Good quality tool however has 1 huge design oversight. The chain tool is left flapping about and requiring the rubber band that comes with it to stay in.

If they had only thought about it and rotated the screw thread 180° it would tighten to the base and stay shut all together.

I rearranged the tools and flipped the chain tool so it stays closed but isn't nearly as slick as it could be.

EDIT: For anyone else who finds this annoying and doesn't want to use the rubber band, I have found using one of these M5 square spring washers in between the chain tool spindle and flap (need to open the washer up a bit then close back down at the base with pliers) makes the chain tool flap screw down to the exact right place to all fold down together tightly. Makes the tool now a 4 star I think however surely I shouldn't be expected to do this for myself??

(Washer link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A6QB5EI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
on 28 December 2013
Has all the important tools that you could need on the road or trail. It’s surprisingly light, but feels robust enough for tightening up parts. Other than puncture repair kit, I reckon this is all you need.
on 12 April 2013
Excellent multitool. Compact and light but so far seems to be strong and reliable. Has a permanent place in my bike backpack, and has been used on the upgrade of a bile - was great for adding rotors and hydraulic brake set up to an old bike.
on 8 March 2015
Cycle saving piece of kit! Your cycling on the flat pushing hard and then at 30mph with the wind behind you, you cry! S=&!! My chain has split! If your half serious about your cycling this tool is brilliant. If it were not for my cousin in law who had this tool it would have been a 20mile walk home but no in a matter of 5-10mins we were back on our way. I was overly impressed with the quality the tool splitter itself is great alone and easily pushes the chain link off a Shimano 105 chain. You get what you pay for, crank brothers do a great job. This will be on my birthday wish list for sure!
on 9 December 2014
Love this tool, I use it all the time and its helped myself and many other riders fix broken bikes at races and out of rides, the chain tool is brilliant and really helpful and overall its very light.
on 24 May 2014
Personally I do not mind it, but if I have to nip pick then it is a bit heavier than I expected. However this equipment saved me from countless mid cycling trip repairs and no wear and tears is shown on the tool.
on 13 September 2013
This is a great tool with most of the things you could possibly need for road/track side mechanics even down to a chain splitter should you be unfortunate enough to break a chain. It packs away nicely and has a rubber cover strap to stop rattles or rubbing top marks.
on 23 July 2013
Generally a very good tool. Sometimes has limitations with short length of Alan keys, but if they were longer there would be imitations the other way. Used To peak previously these are equal with the addition of a couple of open ended spanners.
on 30 June 2012
This is a useful tool that could replace several others: it gives you a set of allen keys; a chain breaker tool; 2 screw-driver heads, and a spoke adjuster, along with one or two other things, but it is lacking... The 10 and 8 open wrenches are not big enough for axle nuts, so you can't get a wheel off, or back on, without other tools. As such, this simply is not a comprehensive tool. It's a useful one, but it's a lot more often I need to take a wheel off: i.e. anytime I've got a puncture, than I need to take apart a chain...

Silly me for not checking more carefully what it had, but I took seriously the suggestion that there wasn't much one couldn't do with it. I can't change a tyre or fix a puncture with it, and that's disappointing, especially at this price!

See one answered question