VINE VOICEon 31 January 2008
I own this kettle and was really pleased with it, I love the shape the colour(Its black like this one)and its nice to use, the whistle sounds more like a bomb dropping from the sky than a kettle, but its OK. Just after Christmas 07 the paint started peeling off and its starting to look tatty so I came onto Amazon to buy the stainless steal one and discovered the reviews, hardly anyone had a good thing to say about the brand as a whole. I think I shall look for another type other than Morphy Richards. Thanks everyone you've done me a favour.
Since writing this review, I contacted Morphy Richards and they are sending me a replacement in stainless steal. Will see how long it lasts.
Watch this space!

They sent another black one and...
Kettle number 2 is going through the same, the black paint is not just peeling off but practically falling off! Have revised my star rating down to TWO STARS. I am going to write again and complain. The plain stainless steal one would be a better buy, at least the paint wont come off!

Well I did write and...
They sent yet another!!!
Definitely cant fault them for service but haven't chanced it this time. Left it in its box and bought a Breville!
44 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2010
Ours is 19 months old. The element has gone, the paint is peeling, the base has had a repair as the push fit connectors were not crimped correctly and overheated. I would not buy another one. In use the water bubbles from the outlet and splashes around when you try to pour out immediately after boiling. You have to wait a minute or so to safely pour out the water, not so good for tea making!
on 12 February 2015
Rubbish ! NOISY & AFTER JUST OVER A YEAR PAINT FLAKES OFF LOOKS TATTY WLD NOT RECOMEND
on 26 April 2015
Always buy morphy love there products
on 4 February 2009
Good looking kettle with amusing whistle. Could be a bit "chunkier" but has an excellent pour and is quick to boil.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2009
A beautiful product. Fits in nicely into my kitchen. Arrived well within the promised delivery date.