Size: Pack Of 1|Change

on 29 May 2013
I'm not someone that writes many reviews but firstly the item arrived two days before the prediction and the packaging was relatively easy to open.

The air pump was a doddle to set up and thankfully the airline tubing, check valve, air stone and suction holders all arrived on the same day (please note that they must be bought separately). I have just immersed the air stone in my fish tank and the air supply is very very powerful (I have a 45l tank) and doesn't seem to be stressing the fish out.

The noise from the pump is minimal, contrary to all those people out there who are making it out to be almost deafening, which is isn't by far!!! And regardless of it being in my lounge, I can only make out a faint hum from about 10 metres away. This is because I made sure that the airline tubing and power cable weren't in contact with my cabine and that the air pump was housed on top of a sponge, to absorb the vibrations even more.

The pump also came with a control valve which allows you to stop air flow completely, allow it to run at its max or just to allow a few bubbles of air through (if it's too powerful for your tank)

Overall, a very good purchase and I'd recommend this pump over its similarly priced rivals as I'm sure it's going to last me a long time due to Tetra being one of the most popular and highly rated brands in the aquatics industry and the pump's vibrations aren't going to be annoying as you can hardly hear anything from a reasonable distance away.
on 1 July 2012
This item only worked for about 4 hours when it stopped pumping air, on investigation part of the internal case had broken, after I attempted a repair without success I contacted the Tetra company they sent a repair kit which was not able to make the repair, I returned it and the pump with my letter to which I have as yet had no reply. It was sent about 2 weeks ago.
on 30 January 2012
I'd been told by many that this was the quietest air pump on the market for this sort of price; I dread to think how loud other brands are! Although I will admit that my aquarium is in my bedroom, so it probably just sounds louder when you're trying to sleep. However in every other sense, this air pump works just dandy. I've simply resorted to turning it off at night and turning it back on in the morning!
on 27 February 2013
I purchased this after looking around quite a bit and doing some research. I have to say that I am really pleased with this air pump; it's really quite and doesn't get hot. I bought one that could pump two air lines, even though I only have one air stone. I wanted one that wasn't struggling. This one has plenty of power and comes with its own regulator. I just hope it lasts longer than my last one! (Not at Tetra pump).
on 7 July 2011
I received this Pump last week, quick delivery its working fine, the only drawback its not silent if you are sitting 4-5 feet's away you can hear the noise but with TV on its fine.
This is with a small bubble stone,
on 23 December 2011
Works pretty well but does make an annoying sound if it's placed slightly touching something metal.

It's been running non-stop now for nearly 4 months and there's no sign of it dying any time soon.

The valve with it doesn't actually turn down the pump but restricts the flow in the tube, I'm sure if it had a built in restrictor it might use less electricity. I'm not actually sure if it uses much but it's just a product suggestion (maybe in the next model)

It's pretty compact and supplies more than enough oxygen to my aquarium

Overall 5/5
on 24 May 2016
I've just come to purchase another one, my previous lasted just shy of three years (2yr 11m) of 24/7 usage. Not bad for the £22 I paid then and I'm pleased to see the price has dropped by nearly a fiver at the time of writing.
The pump itself is almost silent provided it is sitting on its 4 rubber feet and nothing is touching it causing vibrations. I may have worse hearing than other reviewers who have complained about the noise!
on 14 March 2013
Bought this one as a replacement for my 7 years old air pump. I thought it was about time to swap it for something newer...i was wrong. This pump and as it turned out after testing in local store, many popular modern pumps are very loud. Going back to my old trustworthy pump which can be barely heard. This one will go to the basement to be used in plant farm.
on 7 November 2012
I ordered this product on monday and am amazed how quickly it has arrived. A big thank you.
I have it set up already and its working perfectly, alot quieter than my last pump. its being used with a bubble curtain and looks fantastic.
many thanks for your prompt service.
on 22 March 2014
I bought the APS100 and it does a fantastic job for my tank. When i first bought it i wasn't too sure what to expect in terms of the noise level. One i turned it on there was a hum but it is very much bearable and is not as intrusive, overall I was very satisfied.

I've had it for 2 years until it decided to make a louder hum one day. Upon opening up the pump i realized that the rubber diaphragm that's used to pump to air had split (most likely due to wear and tear). You can buy replacements to fix your pump - i however decided to try to repair the split by use of superglue and now it's back to normal.

a low maintenance and good value for money air pump, would definitely purchase again if mine ever breaks beyond repair.