on 28 March 2017
very nice indeed !!! My son loved it !
on 3 November 2008
I bought this collection for my son's 7th birthday nearly a year ago, and they have hardly been out of the CD player since. These stories truly are modern classics sure to be loved by almost every child and the readings are beautiful and humorous.
on 17 July 2011
As for the contents I can only refer to the other reviews. I would just like to add that the CDs come in a practical, decorative small round storage case with a zipper (not in individual plastic cases) and do not need much storage space at all.
on 10 May 2009
This collection of audio CD's is absoloutley fantastic and great value for money. My daughters aged 4 and 6 love them. Just one warning - i bought them to help my 6 year old daughter fall asleep as she was struggling to get off to sleep - however it didn't work as she wanted to get to the end of the stories! All in all though, I think they are one of my best ever buys!!!
on 29 March 2008
We were lucky enough to get this collection recently and it is wonderful. The talent reading the stories are some of the UK's most wonderful actors including Simon Callow, Miriam Margolyes, Geoffrey Palmer, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie - to name just a few. Their voices bring alive these stories from my childhood and I can't wait till my children are old enough to enjoy them too.
on 7 November 2011
Lots of reviews and product info but nothing to tell you the most important information about audiobooks, and that is that these stories are abridged. Nothing wrong with that, but Id have liked to have known this before purchasing
44 Comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2008
This set is so very good and such good value.

All of the books are fantastically read and will entertain children and adults. When I'm sick of the radio and music I play these on the way to work!
on 11 August 2010
A fan of Roald Dahl stories from a little girl, I was excited to see that the audio books had been transferred onto CDs, which meant that our old tapes didn't need to be used anymore. I actually bought this as a gift for my father as we have a family tradition of listening to Roald Dahl audio book cassette tapes on long car journeys and he was thrilled with it!
on 22 July 2009
These C.D.'s give children the chance to hear some of their favourite stories told with flair and panache. Inspirational!
on 19 June 2009
A Fantastic purchase to keep my two boys (8 and 5) entertained whilst in the car. The silence from the back is golden !