Price:£5.10+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 3 April 2011
My BBQ is several years old and the existing lava rock was looking very tired.
I searched the Internet for options and prices and noted great variation but I settled on the Campingaz Lava Rock as it was so cheap I'd could throw it away if it wasn't any good.
I purchased 2 boxes, (6kg) as I have a large BBQ and it's actually great. Decent and consistent sized pieces of rock and not a bag of dust. Heats up nicely and dissipates heat well.
Really, really competitive price.
on 1 May 2011
Nice, even sized stone.
Disperses the heat nice and evenly around my four burner gas BBQ.
Adds that contemporary touch and allows the fat and oils to flare off giving the food that real and true smoky barbecue taste.

Have found that adding these has improved the food while reducing the amount of gas being used.
because of their heat retention and dispersing qualities I find that I now need the burners on a lower setting that previously when no stone where employed.

Find everything cooks quickly and evenly.

One box maybe not enough to cover the plate of my particular grill but thought I would try one before committing to more.

Not a bad investment at under a fiver when purchased.
A very good price compared to the exact same product from many other retailers.
Arrived quicker that advised too.

Quite happy and impressed.

Decent.
on 2 May 2011
Just enough lava rock in this bag for a small portable gas bbq but would need 3 or 4 bags for a standard bbq like most people use at home. It gave the taste of a traditional bbq but with the speed and more thorough cooking of gas.

The price and speed of delivery were very good but wish the bag of rocks was a little bigger.
on 15 May 2011
This size of lava rock (3Kg) is just right for a medium sized BBQ. Delivery was prompt and product is great value for money.
on 10 May 2011
Really pleased with these coals. You get quite a lot in the box too (bought two). Would recommend as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive version which you find in B&Q/Homebase.
on 20 June 2011
Great product and excellent value for money. 60% of actual cost of purchasing locally. Speedy delivery. Again well worth a search on Amazon at the time of purchase.
on 30 September 2011
Serves the purpose well. Have a gas BBQ and was advised by a friend to purchase Lava Rock to put in the base of the gas BBQ. Looks as realistic as a charcoal BBQ.
on 13 September 2011
Found this easily on site saving long search in shops. A good quality item. Arrived very promptly and was fairly priced. Now in use!Can recommend this site.
on 7 May 2012
I read the reviews and decided to buy two boxes have since bought an extra box from sainsburys for the same price but with no p and p
on 29 July 2014
Not bad at all.... although FAR heavier than I expected, almost weighs as much as iron slag from a furnace.
I was hoping more of a pumice type weight, but that is my hope and misconception, not a product fault.

I bought three boxes and in physical volume that equates to near enough 10 litres. ( for the 3x3kg boxes I bought )

Mine is mostly dark brown/red ( if that matters at all )

Funnily, I bought mine to put in a fish tank as decoration and to use as a bio filter media.
I had hoped it would be as light as pumice and therefore have a greater physical volume per kilogram, I have 4x 100 litre filter barrels to fill so I guess I'd better find actual pumice, or buy more of this stuff and strengthen the filter barrels stands!

Overall, quite happy with my purchase.

See one answered question