on 14 May 2010
I have a new P.C. built to my own spec. at the time I wanted to look at what would be available to be compatible with Windows 7 64bit, this included photo editing suites, movie editing suites and a stand alone word processor, spreadsheet all singing and dancing programme. I was concerned by some of the reviews on line about programmes that were not compatible or suitable for the new O.S. so one of the avenues to explore was Amazon purchaser reviews, here I found a good balance of opinion and made up my mind to go for it. Ordered and delivered with-in 5 days out here on the edge of Ireland I am delighted with Works9, all aspects of the suite performs with-out delay, I wonder if some of the comments from others actually have the specification to run the programme, yes it is demanding on memory and graphic power, if you have enough it works in my experience. The price offer was irresistable to, well pleased.
31 people found this helpful
on 17 May 2016
Thank you , thank you . thank you !!!!!
Windows 7 computer threatened to die , luckily I had enough warning to backup all my precious word processor documents to flash drive , Windows 10 computer arrives , restored all my files but to my horror discovered Microsoft Office wont open any of the eighty or so 'wps' files or load my older version of Works . I run a small business and the thought of having to start again nearly had me in tears , Windows Store had nothing to offer so I resorted to trusty Amazon and found this supplier . Within ten minutes of the disc being delivered all my files were accessible again. It works , installs quickly and my sanity is restored .
on 29 April 2010
We have a small home run cleaning business and I brought this so we could keep a better data record for our customer contacts, calendar commitments and budget tracking as well as composing letters and emails and it works perfectly. Because we do not need the more complex formulas found in Excel or any thing more than simple word processing this products fulfils all our needs with out having to fork out the cost of Microsoft Office.

We have a 2009 Sony Vaio with Windows Vista and it works with out issue.

This product has (to name some features):
Database
Calendar- the option to create multiple ones and merge information in them
Spread Sheets
Word Processing
Contacts- store and link contacts to emails, word processing documents etc
Projects- manage your projects
Finance- manage budgets
Lot's of Templates

I brought this from the Amazon seller `videogold2000' for £17 as new and it was with me the day after I purchased it so I defiantly recommend them.
6 people found this helpful
on 25 October 2015
Great product which arrived very quickly. It was a simple process to run the genuine Microsoft Works Disc on my new computer which was not pre-loaded with any Word Pro or Excell. I did not wish to go to the fuss and expense of any new over complicated Microsoft Office software as my needs were simple - Spreadsheets for home use and Word Pro for letters and files etc. I was then able to transfer my old files from my old computer and am now up and running - brilliant.
on 19 March 2012
These days new PCs no longer come supplied with full software packages, it's rare even to get any form of backup or Operating System software supplied on disk. If anything all you get is trial versions of Anti-virus software pre-installed. When my wife upgraded to a new Windows 7 PC after years with Windows XP the thing she missed most was the MS Works package - something she would find familiar in a changed world. Whilst there are some excellent 'freebie' packages out there that can be downloaded, it was something familiar she was looking for and so Amazon came to the rescue in the form of a supplier who could provide just what was needed. The disk arrived quickly after purchase and was sucessfully installed - result, one happy wife - priceless.
on 21 August 2010
I had Works 8 and Microsoft Office 2003 loaded on my PC. I used both in tandem but found that reminders in Outlook 2003 did not work unless Outlook was running. The reminders in Works 8 appeared on my screen even when Works was not running. I was so impressed that I thought I would upgrade to Works 9. I find that setting up a Project with works 9 I can link a "To Do" item to any programme on my PC. This makes it easy to find a document associated with each step on the "To Do" list. I am very impressed with this programme and would recommend it to any home or small office user.
6 people found this helpful
on 9 December 2014
Used to have Works a few years back and liked it. This newer version works just as well with a few enhancements. If you want just basic spreadsheets and word and not the full blown Office this is the one to get. Loaded it onto MS 8.1 with no problems.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2012
Both the initial online advert and the invitation to write this review carried the image of a boxed version of this product, implying that it would be a stand alone edition and that is what I was expecting to receive. What actually arrived was a CD in a plastic wallet, the CD being licensed only for distribution with a new PC and bearing the legend "Do not sell, lend, transfer or make illegal copies of this disc". It would appear from that sentence that the sale to me was illegal and I am not at all happy about that. However the product works on my new Windows 7 PC, whereas my old Works 3 would not run on it, so it did let me to use the databases I had created on earlier machines.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 November 2015
I'm often asked why I persevere with MS Works. Well they are simple programs, unsophistcated (unlike Office) and easy to use for things like mail-merge. Works was supplied as standard with my first computer back int eh stone-age and I've stuck with it ever since.
on 2 May 2013
Don't get me wrong, I've liked earlier versions of MS Works (hence the 4*) and am hoping this will run with WIN 8.
The order arrived quickly.
However, I didn't get the legal boxed software in the advertisement, but a loose CD labelled "Licensed only for distribution with a new PC".
I'm underwhelmed.