Customer reviews

DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-STANDARD
Size: Narrow|Change
Price:£17.44+ Free shipping

on 6 January 2017
Our cat is more of a lap cap and loves to sit/lay/sleep near people, this purchase has not really changed that. He will use the radiator bed if someone is sitting within stroking proximity and seems content & comfortable enough when he is in it.

The frame of the bed is made up of 3 metal parts which connect together using plastic tubes. I would prefer a frame that comes in one piece as it would be more sturdy or maybe at least metal connectors rather than plastic.

One thing I must shout about is Danish Design's great Customer Service. I had an issue with the plastic connectors becoming bent and in need of replacement. I contacted Danish Design via email to see if the connectors could be purchased as a spare part and they very kindly sent me two free of charge connectors in the post.
on 3 March 2015
This seems a little flimsy when you assemble it and I can't get the cover to stay over one of the hooks so it doesn't look right, but this does not affect the function. It seems like it is not going to work when assembling because there is no glue or screws; it is the way it hangs that keeps it together but it is fine once on the radiator with cat in situ. It is only suitable for double radiators which I was disappointed with but that is my own fault for not double checking. My cat will use it occasionally which is a bonus because my last cats would not touch a similar item with a barge pole, but that's cats for you! I took a risk and I would not have minded if she didn't use it because it was cheap. Delivered quite quickly within agreed date - not as fast as a lot of items I have ordered from Amazon but not slow enough to moan about it. Overall, I am pleased with my purchase.
on 10 October 2016
I was looking for a radiator bed to put in my study so my kitten would have a comfy place to sleep while I work. Unfortunately, the bed did not fit on the radiator in the study, but I decided to keep it and place it on another radiator in the living room. She has taken to it right away, and spends most hours of the day in this bed. I'm thinking I might order a narrow one for the one in my study. It was a bit tricky to set up, (even with the instructions on the box) hence the 4 stars instead of 5.
on 31 October 2014
I personally feel the plastic connector tubes could fit the bars better, this would make it more secure,and give me more confidence in the item. Due to this I am concerned my cat may fall if she shuffles to much. This has not happened but as a precaution i have put a support underneath until i am confident it won't. Despite my slight concerns, the cat absolutely loves it! She would not go in any of the other cat beds I have brought her, but took to this immediately.
on 14 October 2013
I bought this bed for my cat as it had been constantly sleeping on MY bed, something that I'm really not keen on. Thankfully, since I bought it, my bed is now my own!

Things to note about this cat bed are:
- The wide part refers to how wide your radiator is at the top. This is for the big fat type of radiator. I'm going to upload a picture to show what I mean, but if you have the thin type of radiator you need the standard one.
-The bed is quite small, if you have a massive cat they might have to really curl up to fit comfortably.
-It comes with great instructions and is easy to build. Putting it on the radiator is as easy as placing it on. I'm useless at building stuff and it took me two minutes. The cover slides on and off through an envelope type flap so you can easily dismantle it for washing. It's a fleecy type fabric that feels soft and warm.

At first my cat would not go onto this bed. I placed her on it, she jumped off. Repeat. Then I put the radiator on and tried again- she loved the warmth of it and now stays on it, almost permanently, even when the radiator is off. A little catnip spray also helps. She now sees that as her bed, and my bed as my bed, which means we are both happy.
review image
on 1 February 2014
I can't be sure whether I was accidentally sent a 'Wide' model instead on the standard one I ordered, or whether it's just an unsuitable design for single radiators, but this bed definitely didn't fit our single radiators at all well and as a consequence, I had to return it.
I have to say I didn't thing much of the frame either, which is not your typical one piece construction but joined together loosely with plastic sleeves.
It would probably have been okay though, if the radiator had been wider.
on 25 December 2012
I bought the wide version of this for one of my cats and both cats wanted so use it, so had to get another one to keep both my kitties happy. Happily it arrived just in time for Christmas, I can report that both versions are very easy to assemble, although the single radiator version the interlocking tubes of plastic that keep the main bars together before putting the cover on were rather stiffer than the ones for the double radiator. I'm not sure whether this is deliberate or whether there is an issue with consistency. At last both my cats have the comfort, warmth and cosy perches they want and it keeps arguments to a minimum.

Update from my original review, when I showed a friend of mine a photo of both my kitties enjoying the bed, asked if there is a version of this for humans! Still going strong, both covers wash well without shrinkage and both cats are very happy.
on 21 January 2017
Had a single radiator one for 13 years and has lasted well. Bought this one for a wide radiator (although the single one does fit), but also so it was better supported for my maine coons. These beds are good quality with thick aluminium tubing frames (the older one has a slightly better joint), the fleece covers are thick and fit tightly so they don't wrinkle or slide off. Super bed, thoroughly recommend and I think my 4 cats would too.
on 23 December 2015
The main thing here is the cats absolutely love them (I bought two) Most cat owners understand that they love to be up high and warm so what better to tick both boxes. They were ignoring the cat beds on a chair but loved these. Not exactly a good look in my kitchen my so worth it.
on 13 February 2013
My cats love this, although they won't sit on anything without one of their blankets on it, nothing to do with the product but more their pampered tushes!
It does tend to lean forward slightly as the bit that sits on the radiator is quite large (even for the regular sized one)
It's not as soft and fluffy as it looks but that is ok as I think it needs to be a bit robust to deal with the claws. It feels very thick and quite luxurious!
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not as saggy in the middle as I had expected it to be and as the picture appears to show I'm sure with regular use though it might loosen up a bit.
It takes a bit of a jiggle to get the frame in the cover but it's not too bad and there are instructions included.
I was going back and forth on buying this product for a few months, unsure if my cats would use it or not but i am very glad I took the plunge!!
I'd say if you have two cats that might like this, buy two of them even if they don't mind a bit of a cuddle (Mine are mum and baby but like to stretch out!)