on 4 August 2009
Takes about 15 seconds to secure by clampng to seatpost.
Good if you have more than 1 bike, have a full suspension bike or dont want to spend time tightenting loose swcrews every fortnight which is usually the problem with a standard rack.
Aluminium construction (rust-proof and easy to clean)
Standard fxing for a rear pannier light.
Holds 2 side mounted pannier bags each holding 5kg.
I have used this on a dirt bike and a 'courier style' dirt bike. It hangs well over off road and on road terrains with minimum flex however the best bit is the ease of removal so it can be carried into the gym/office or removed if you want to do some serious off roading.
Only downside is some panmnier bags may not fit properly so check bags instore before purchase.
22 Comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2009
I bought this to fit onto my Scott racing bike to carry a panier, one man tent, sleeping bag and therma-rest. I used it for just over 1,000 miles of cycling over 13 days (John O'Groats to Lands End) - no problems at all. I had a panier on one side and then my tent, bag, and rest in individual waterproof sacks on the other side to balance it out. I really liked the fact that I could just unbolt the rack and carry the whole thing away in a couple of minutes - useful when knackered and the last thing you want to do is mess around with paniers.

Just before I was about to set off a couple who had finished earlier in the day came over to chat - they also used this rack and had no problems with it.

The only negative I can think of is that the handle used for tightening the bracket occasionally rubbed on my thigh but it was not enough to cause any problems (65 to 90 miles a day).

I did read about people experiencing handling problems on racing bikes after fitting seat post racks - I can say that although you can definately feel the extra weight I still felt confident reaching speeds upto 30mph (downhill!) and had no problems climbing hills.
on 8 July 2017
I was a bit wary buying this, but as I wanted to use it on my road bike this is the only type I can use. I was really impressed. I had 7.5kg panniers on this and it was rock solid. If you lean the loaded bike against a wall you may have to nudge it back slightly, but that's easy to do and it certainly didn't move while I was cycling. It's so easy to move between bikes as well so the whole family can use it. Very happy with this!
on 5 July 2017
Good fit on my dual suspension mountain bike with side bag much easy carry for medium size ASDA food shopping.
review image review image
on 31 August 2017
Useful if you can't mount a standard rear carrier. I carried full camping gear and clothes for a cycle trip between Amsterdam and Budapest (1000 miles), I'm confident this exceeded the recommended weight but it worked fine. You need to make sure that you make good use of the rubber/plastic wrap which goes around your seat post. Expect some vertical bounce as you go traverse obstacles.
on 1 March 2011
I bought this type of rack as my mountain bike has disc brakes and most other raks attached to the frame by the wheel as wouldnt have been suitable.

Very easy to fit. I had to slightly bend out the side supports because my pannier bag straps were catching in the wheels slightly.

Also, nowhere apparent to be able to attach a light to. Comes with a fixed red reflector on the end.

I am pretty pleased with it.
on 9 September 2017
I bought this to attach to my road bike for a cycle trip from London to Paris. It's extremely easy to attach and handled both my panniers well. The only downside was it slowed me down a lot on bumpy terrain as it bounced quite a bit, but for commuting on roads it's great.
on 31 May 2017
really usseful adn great as it sis on teh bar not teh wheels!
on 3 June 2009
Bought this for the 100 mile South Downs Way cycle route which I completed recently. Sturdy and quick to fit/remove, it locates directly onto the saddle stem requiring no other fixing points.
on 10 September 2010
I have been using this for my 22 miles commute for several weeks now, in combination with the Avenir triple bags luggage which fits really well and a Basta Zoom rear light and reflector screwed onto the rear-mount. I don't like carrying a backpack so always used my old heavy hybrid with fixed carrier. Now I can turn my racing bike into a fast commuter within seconds. It works on my mountain-bike too, I am ready for shopping through the snow now.
It's surprisingly stable although you have to remember that the weight sits relatively high: It will easily carry the weight of a laptop computer but you will feel some unbalance when you are standing on the pedals to climb a hill. Not a problem though, just a reminder that your bike is carrying something. The clamp on the post is very well made although it's a little wide and I can sometimes feel the inside of my legs slightly touching it. It's subtle though and there are no sharp edges; it probably depends on your height (I am 6"5) and bike's geometry whether that will be a problem or not. Very good value, my bikes are much more all-round usable thanks to this product.